Unique dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Here is a unique dish that I saw today at an old hotel in Cairo, IL. All I had was a cell phone to take the picture with so it isn't very good. I have never seen a dish like this one. It looked to be about 7 or 8 footer.
sat.jpg

Here is a unique dish that I saw today at an old hotel in Cairo, IL. All I had was a cell phone to take the picture with so it isn't very good. I have never seen a dish like this one. It looked to be about 7 or 8 footer.
View attachment 27176

True story - there is a dish almost identical to this one that has fascinated me since I first saw it as a kid. Today I was in that neighborhood and drove by. I was going to take a picture to post, but realized I didn't have my camera.

Other than the thing looks like it would be terribly heavy and unwieldy, I've thought about knocking on their door and asking if I could haul it off for them. :D

Other than the feedhorn assemly, it's the exact same square dish. In all of my dish gawking, I've never seen another one like this until today.

had one here too

Many years ago a person had one up by the garage. Still worked. Regular dish. just a square design. Asked him what happened to it. He sold it to some sat guy. Years, and years and years ago.

later,

Josh

The analog receiver was trippy. Took a 9v battery to power the lcd display on it and yes it got analog channels. This was probably around 92 or so.

I can't quite read that... What do the faded out letters on the dish say?

Huh?

I didn't see any letters on the dish. But then again, I was trying to hurry because the five other "road trip" companions I was with were all embarrassed because I was hanging out a window trying to take a picture of a satellite dish!:D

I think it was called the "Relax Inn".

I was trying to hurry because the five other "road trip" companions I was with were all embarrassed because I was hanging out a window trying to take a picture of a satellite dish!:D
Yep, definitely time to find better friends. - :eek:
. . . or educate these . . . - :eureka

And, as to the words on the dish, I'll go with City Motel, too.
Funny how we miss things, 'till later we see 'em in a picture.
I stopped on the way home from lunch last week, got out, took half a dozen pictures of a big 12' Paraclipse, and didn't see any motor at all.
People put 'em up fixed...???
When I got home and looked at the pictuers, there was a standard jackscrew! ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts