Universal HD Does Dish have this channel?

elloco07

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I was just wondering if DISH has Universal HD as a channel or will be getting it?

Yes, Dish has it now. But, it will require the new MPEG-4 receiver to see it, except during the Winter Olympic Games, it's been reported here by Scott.

What channel is UniversalHD? I have an 811 and station in Atlanta, GA. I have the regular HD Package without VOOM. Would I still be able to watch the olympics?

elloco07 said:
What channel is UniversalHD? I have an 811 and station in Atlanta, GA. I have the regular HD Package without VOOM. Would I still be able to watch the olympics?
maybe we will know for sure friday

You won't be able to see Universal HD with your 811, but there is a special channel for the olympics on Dish! I believe it will start up on the 10th.

rcbridge said:
You won't be able to see Universal HD with your 811, but there is a special channel for the olympics on Dish! I believe it will start up on the 10th.
You will also see Universal HD, Dish will make it available in MPEG2 for all for the duration of the Olympics. (And then after that it will go back to psusedo MPEG4 after the olympics are done)

Scott Greczkowski said:
61.5 and 129.

I am hoping they also throw it up on 110 for the games as well, but this is not confirmed yet.

What's the point of that? How many people with 811,921,942, or 6000s have 129?

I'm pretty sure the Universal HD used for the olympics will be on satellite 110 and channel 9426

Since they said it will be available to all, this makes since.

Look for

110 Degrees
9419 OLMPC ADDED to TP25
9426 UNIHD ADDED to TP25

to come in a future uplink report ;)

Hmm I have a Dish500 What am i pointing to? Sorry I am not all technical when it comes to satellites

BFG said:
I'm pretty sure the Universal HD used for the olympics will be on satellite 110 and channel 9426

Since they said it will be available to all, this makes since.

Look for

110 Degrees
9426 UNIHD ADDED to TP25

to come in a future uplink report ;)

hehe i'm good :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)