Universal LNB for 121

Elchucko

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
Full time RVer
I am a full time RVer with Dish Network. I have a Super Dish 121 on my house for locals and German TV. I also have a second Super Dish that I set up on the road. This is quite a cumbersome operation and I am trying to eliminate this dish by using the 110/119 LNBs on the roof of my RV and a separate linear LNB/dish for 121. I intend to run these three inputs through a Diseqc switch. My question is:

Will a Dish network receiver recognize a Universal LNB with the LOs of 9750/10600 versus the normal LO of 10750?
Thanks

Chuck

What kind of setup do you have for the RV? Which kind of LNBs? Legacy or Dish Pro?

If you have legacy, you could buy an old Star Choice, a Canadian company, or Primestar dish and connect it all with a sw 64.

I have Legacy LNBs on my RV.

I have the dish already for the 121. I want to use a Universal LNB because of the low noise (.3) availability that is difficult to find with a 10750 LO.

Thanks

Chuck

Dishnetwork has a stand alone super dish complete with an fss lnbf, the dish is plastic and smaller than the normal superdish but takes a larger diameter pole ( go figure ), you should be able to contact dishnetwork and ask for someone in advanced tech, most of these guys have been around for a while and know the parts. Explain to them what your doing with your dish 500 and that you need a stand alone and they can get you set up with the 121 stand alone, also check out claude's dishstore through one of his links and you may be able to get a dp -34 on the cheap.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts