Universal Remote Advice/HELP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

textmex

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 19, 2007
I am trying to figure out which Universal Remote will be a good choice for my system. (I am looking at the Harmony One or Harmony 900 primarily but I an open to suggestions from other Dish users as well). A brief description of my set up:

Two TVs:
Primary is new Samsung LN52A650 hooked up TV1 output of 622 via HDMI
Secondary TV (right next to first TV for extra sports!) is old Panasonic tube TV hooked up to TV2 output of 622 via component cables. It is also getting feed from the upstairs VIP 222 TV2 via home distribution coax feed.

(Also, Pioneer VSX 919AHK, LG DVD, Old CD player, Wii but I don't think that is important)

My main question is about whether or not I need an RF universal remote. If I get an RF remote, will I be able to control the VIP 222 upstairs? Is there anyway I can control the 222 upstairs with an IR only remote (some type of converter or something)?

If I don't get an RF remote, can I control the TV2 on the 622 with an IR only universal remote?

Anything else I need to be thinking about? I want to be able to control both TVs and two Dish tuners with the same remote if possible.

Thanks for the help!!:up

RF will not control the 222 from downstairs because the IR signal doesn't go through walls.

Are you using both receivers in single or dual mode? From your description of the second tv having both tv2 hook ups, it sounds redundant.

I have a 880 and it can be programmed for all of the items that you want to control.

Hope this helps....

Does the 880 control both TV1 and TV2 for the 622 in dual mode?

I have other TVs in the house getting a feed from the 622 TV2 as well.

Having both TV2 outputs set up let's me change the input to my second TV based on what
other people in the house are watching. If my wife is watching a recorded show in the 622 from the bedroom or if the 622 is recording a show, I can use the TV2 output from the 622 for my second TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)