"universal" remote for 522

doogie

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
I like my 522 and I even like the remote it came with - buttons are well placed and its pretty logical....

But I tried all 20-some-odd codes for my Panasonic TV... only one of the codes works... but its limited.

I can't access the TV menu or many other functions....

I know I didn't buy a "universal" remote control - I bought a Sat system... so I'm not really complaining (too much)

I was just wondering if there is anything else I can try... are these remotes upgradable in anyway?

I would just go out and buy a good universal remote - but then I wouldn't have function buttons for the DISH button or stuff like the PVR button...

Any ideas? (other than keep both remotes on the table next to my fat ass?)

I had the same issue on my toshiba. but once i got everything tuned right all i had to do was get up and grab the OEM remote if i needed something else which was rare. I would suggest waiting a while and seeing if you can live without that functionality and if you cant then i would research some good remotes.

I have a 1 for all Kameleon for my HT system but it wont run my 510.

Check out the Home Theater Master line of remotes. They can learn all of the functions of the Dish remote and then some. They are well made and my MX-500 is one of the best universal remotes I've ever owned. I wish I would have bought the MX-700 instead of the Harmony 659 for my wife :( . Check out the reviews at www.remotecentral.com

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
Check out the Home Theater Master line of remotes. They can learn all of the functions of the Dish remote and then some. They are well made and my MX-500 is one of the best universal remotes I've ever owned. I wish I would have bought the MX-700 instead of the Harmony 659 for my wife :( . Check out the reviews at www.remotecentral.com

NightRyder

Those are excellent remotes no doubt. slightly expensive though.

ShadowEKU said:
Those are excellent remotes no doubt. slightly expensive though.

The MX-500 is selling between $70-$75. Not too bad.

For the economy minded the One For All or Radio Shack JP1 programable remotes are hard to beat.

NightRyder

I have the MX-700 and I think its one of the best investments I ever made. I have had that remote for almost 2 years now since it was first introduced. The software and easy of programming has improved as well with software updates. The MX-700 can learn a function to any key except the main, page, and fav keys used to manupulate the LCD. It can also have a macro assigned to any of the learned keys as well.

NightRyder said:
For the economy minded the One For All or Radio Shack JP1 programable remotes are hard to beat.

NightRyder

I second that. I've got a Radio Shack 15-2116 ($29.97) that works great with my 522, Sony TV, Sony DVD and Sony audio system. Using JP1, I've programmed the Dish and PVR buttons.

Check out this site http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/index.php for JP1 information. Remote Central http://www.remotecentral.com/index.html also has lots of information.

jaylow48

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts