GEOSATpro Universal Remote for MicroHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fizbi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Wild and Windy Casper, WY
I recently wore out my Harmony 300 programable remote, and so I was looking for something to replace it.
Today, I took a chance on a RCA 5-Device Universal Remote (RCRP05BR) from Wally*Wurld for $15.

I have to say, I'm very impressed. The darn thing works better than expected and has exceeded my expectations.

I have made the remote learn almost all the MicroHD buttons, more than I need actually, as I don't want all the options on the U-remote.

When compared to the MicroHD remote, the RCA has a much better tacticle feel and operation, which for me, is a big improvement.

The RCA has macro-learn-ability, which I'll try after I get the family shoe-horned away from the TV set.

Bottom line...BIG BANG for the hard earned buck. I recommend the RCA RCRP05BR as a direct replacement remote for the MicroHD, or as a Universal Remote to control the MicroHD and other entertainment goodies. :popcorn
Here's what I'm now controlling with it:

GEOSATpro MicroHD
Panasonic (monster screen TV)
Philips DVD
ONKYO Audio Amplifier/Tuner with (too many) I/O ports

Your Mileage May Vary.

I'll let you know how the macros work when I get a chance.

Great! I got the Sony RMVLZ620 Integrated Remote Commander which has all those features, but costs a few dollars more. It has the best control that I have found. You don't even have to point it directly at the receiver. I use the macros on it and they work fine. I expect that yours will also. They are making better remotes these days. I have the previous Sony learning remote model and they have lasted several years with no problems, like some which have the keys 'wear out'. You can even change the batteries without losing the codes, if you do it within a few minutes.

Great idea guys! I use my CNX-Nano v1 remote most of the time. The buttons seem to be better and more reactive than the one that comes with the MicroHD.I'll have to check into what you guys are using. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)