Universal remote that works with HTLHD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jahan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 25, 2004
Any suggestions on a universal remote that works with Hughes HTLHD?

I have a Sony universal remote (RM-V402) but when I put in the CODE for Hughes it does not work.

Any suggestions?

I am using the Sony RM-VL900, but this is a learning remote. I think I'll be off to get a Harmony remote today, if I can get it approved by the CFO (wife). I have heard a lot of good things about them.

Not bagging on it joker but I had the Pronto and did not like how difficult it was to program. Maybe they have better software now but I didn't like this one. Of course a remote control is like a woman, we all like different ones.

The Harmony remote is Internet based and is a "future-proof" as a pronto. Actually I had the Pronto NEO ... maybe that was the subtle difference.

slacker,
Wouldn't doubt it. The NEO's aren't exactly the best. But they are priced right though. They just aren't as flexible as the regular Pronto or the Pronto Pro (if you need colors.. mm.. colors..) The Harmony is nice as well because of that whole automatic programming thing. I had a hard time deciding between my Pronto and the Harmony in fact. It's wife friendly, and of course the available hard buttons, but for ultimate flexibility, a Pronto is pretty hard to beat.
It does take some time to program, but you can also customize it to however you want it to look which is cool. Mine is setup so that both my wife and my 7 year old can use it easily.

Here's mine it works fine

8039a.jpg

I've got the Sony universal (since the majority of my theatre system is Sony). I forgot the model number but it was $35 at Circuit City. It does the HTL-HD just fine. The only function I don't have is the exit button to get out of the guide if you don't want to change channels.

Go with the Harmony remote. The ability to program via the web makes configuration on any scale a simple process. The database of components maintained by the Harmony folks almost guarantees that anyone's equipment will be able to be configured. I have alot of ParaSound components and everyone of them was able to be configured.

Thanks for eveyone's feedback...I went with the Harmony SST-659. I placed the order from Abes of Maine for $120 (shipping included).

jahan said:
Thanks for eveyone's feedback...I went with the Harmony SST-659. I placed the order from Abes of Maine for $120 (shipping included).

Yeah me too ... I guess when mine arrives I'll take it to SoundTrack and make about $85 bucks back! Funny thing, I bought it with poker winnings and all of a sudden I feel like the sucker!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts