Universal Remote won't work with Genie mini-client

bobinraymoremo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Raymore MO
Background: I recently switched to Genie HR44-500 and a C31-700 mini-client manufactured by Pace. The Genie came with a RC73 remote so now I had a spare RC66RX remote.

This setup worked until last night when I was banished to the bedroom for the NFL draft :) The RC66 remote that had worked with the mini-client since we got it months ago would not work. I put new batteries in and it still didn't work. I then put batteries in the spare RC66 remote and it didn't work. I tried techniques I found on the web to reset the remote and the mini-client. A couple times during my resets I did get a message on the TV that I needed a mini-client to connect to this type of TV but a reset worked.

So what are the steps to get the mini-client and remote to work together?

Thanks,

RC66 will only work in IR more on the C31, so pointing at the receiver directly. To reset the remote, put it in the satellite mode, hold mute+select until it blinks (around 3 seconds), enter 981+select. It should blink a few times while resetting. If that doesn't work it may only work with RF mode when an RC73 is programmed and not IR. HR series boxes before Genies only work with IR or RF, not both at the same time, for example. Worse case, RC73 remotes are on eBay or Amazon for nearly the price of shipping alone ($5-$10).

Reactions: vazhog
I've reset the remote multiple times and reset the mini-client multiple times (both power button reset and the red button reset).

Dang it, I may have to call DirecTV :-(

RC66 will only work in IR more on the C31, so pointing at the receiver directly. To reset the remote, put it in the satellite mode, hold mute+select until it blinks (around 3 seconds), enter 981+select. It should blink a few times while resetting. If that doesn't work it may only work with RF mode when an RC73 is programmed and not IR. HR series boxes before Genies only work with IR or RF, not both at the same time, for example. Worse case, RC73 remotes are on eBay or Amazon for nearly the price of shipping alone ($5-$10).

Your correct. The mini is likely paired RF to the remote.

Put your hand in front of the peanut remote and see if it works. If it continues to change channels, your on RF

I reset the RC66 and used it on the HR44 and could control the Genie in RF mode I put it under a pillow to make sure. I took it upstairs to the mini-client and nothing happens. So now what?
Your correct. The mini is likely paired RF to the remote.

Put your hand in front of the peanut remote and see if it works. If it continues to change channels, your on RF

Sent from my LM-V405 using the SatelliteGuys app!

I think there is a linking sequence to the mini-client manufactured by Pace that involves a code but I'm not sure.
I reset the RC66 and used it on the HR44 and could control the Genie in RF mode I put it under a pillow to make sure. I took it upstairs to the mini-client and nothing happens. So now what?

Update: not sure I can repeat the secret handshake but a combination of resetting the remote and the mini-client and unplugging the power supply resulted in success. All this w/o a call to directv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)