Universal Sports Network--any successors?

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
I have been hoping some other network (NBCSports, BEin), might step up and fill the void left when USN went dark last November. They broadcast a lot of the cycling events that don't make the cut for NBCSports, so it definitely leaves a big gap in coverage for those of us who enjoy pro road cycling.

Been trolling the cycling websites, none of them are listing any U.S. broadcasters for upcoming events. For instance, the Tour Down Under, which pretty much kicks off the season, will be shown on Sky, which, as we all know, ain't gonna happen here.

Thanks for any insights.

Don't know about the cycling, but Skiing, Bobsledding and other winter sports that used to be on USN are now showing up on NBC Universal and NBC Sports Network.

DRCars

there is cycling on universial hd at 5pm (est) today (sunday).
Thanks for the info. Regrettably, even with "America's Everything Pack," I don't seem to get Universal HD. Are you a DISH subscriber? If so, which package do you get it on? Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Regrettably, even with "America's Everything Pack," I don't seem to get Universal HD. Are you a DISH subscriber? If so, which package do you get it on? Thanks.
what used to be the blockbuster HD addon package..Don't know what it is called now

Perhaps the best successor to Universal Sports Network will be the upcoming Olympics Channel? I don't know much about it, but I'd imagine it will have a lot of the same type of programming.

I would also check NBCSN's Roku app and see if they are showing stuff there that isn't making it to the cable channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)