Univision Deportes Dropped as Dish Dispute Widens

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Univision on Tuesday said that Dish Network has decided not to renew its carriage agreement for Univision Deportes Network, broadending the dispute between the two companies.

Dish dropped Univision’s lifestyle cable networks in April and its main channel in June. In recent statements, Dish has indicated little interest in bringing the channels back.

Univision Deportes Dropped as Dish Dispute Widens

Reactions: charlesrshell
I read tonight via the spokesman for Univision, that is it very unlikely that Univision will be back on Dish. I think with so many Spanish channels on Dish, Univision wants $5.95 a month to stream a commercial channel. Unless a person has a Univision has affiliate in your market, you are stuck to pay the $5.95 a month or switch providers. I guess a lot of Latino's have switched. Univision apparently is an important Network for many.

The funny thing about this one is that additional Univision channels were dropped, and all Dish is offering to make up for it is the exact same $5 per month credit we were already getting after the main Univision channels were dropped but we still had Univision Deportes. So, basically, this channel had no additional value, according to Dish.

On DISH Promise | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support, my area lost two Univision channels. Now on the site it says that there are no programming disputes. I am guessing that Dish made the permanent decision to not carry Univision as those channels are not back while at the same time saying no programming disputes.
When I clicked that link, I still saw the messages about HBO/Cinemax and Tegna. You are right about the Univision messages being missing, though. Dish also took away the "LOCAL" slate channels from the (previously) satellite-delivered version of our local channel number. I still get guide info for the OTA version, though. When I logged into my mydish account, I still saw the Univision credit listed under My Programming. However, with this change to the dishpromise site, it looks like Dish is no longer promising that credit going forward. As soon as I lose that credit, I will drop that package. Latino Bonus Pack is a good value for me at only $5 per month. At the full price of $10 per month, not so much.

I figured with the local channel slot now now totally gone, the chances that Univision coming back is pretty unlikely. I guess there are four choices, sub to the $5.95 streaming service, change to Direct or Cable,watch it OTA is possible, or do without. This may be the future for us. But once Dish permanently loses one of the main nets (If that happens), more people will change providers. I guess some have left because of HBO/Cinemax as well as Univision.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)