Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill_bly_ca

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Ontario Canada
Happy new year all

Back (I think) 7 years ago we spun our 8' BUD from an Intelsat that had a suite of Nicaraguan channels (That went scrambled) to Galaxy 17 for KLUZ Univision for the Miss-us.

I think the reason we picked Galaxy 17 over Anik 3 at the time was clear CW channels on Galaxy 17 at that time. Well now there is little else clear on Galaxy 17 and I am thinking of spinning the BUD to Anik 3 at 119.

We have an actuator but we have never used it.

Lyngsat says the 3 Univision stations are still on Anik 3 but I thought I would check to see if the entry is still accurate as Lyngsat has led me astray in the past. Are all 3 Univision stations still there?

We get a signal of 90 and a quality of 65 on Galaxy 17 ( I know the scale is crap ) but any speculation on if the signal for Anik 3 would be more or less powerful than Galaxy 17 in Southwestern Ontario? (Between Detroit and Buffalo for those in the US)

Thanx for any input.

I've seen Univision news and entertainment programming on some of the Mexican and Latin American channels on Eutelsat 113 and 116. If she's mainly interested in things like Primer Impacto, they might be an option as they would also provide a wide array of other Spanish-language programming.

If it's prime-time entertainment, you might be better off with KLUZ, although I guess the time zone messes with evening viewing.

Lyngsat currently lists three Nicaraguan channels on Intelsat 34 that are unscrambled. That might have been what you were pointing at before? It looks like channels 2, 9 and 10 are free to air and channels 4, 8, and 11 are not. I don't know much about Nicaraguan TV, but I'm guessing 4, 8 and 11 are the good ones :)

Intelsat 34 at 55.5°W - LyngSat

Also, if you've never used the actuator the dish might not be tracking the satellite arc correctly. It's not a difficult thing to get set up and folks here will help you.

I've seen Univision news and entertainment programming on some of the Mexican and Latin American channels on Eutelsat 113 and 116. If she's mainly interested in things like Primer Impacto, they might be an option as they would also provide a wide array of other Spanish-language programming.

If it's prime-time entertainment, you might be better off with KLUZ, although I guess the time zone messes with evening viewing.

Lyngsat currently lists three Nicaraguan channels on Intelsat 34 that are unscrambled. That might have been what you were pointing at before? It looks like channels 2, 9 and 10 are free to air and channels 4, 8, and 11 are not. I don't know much about Nicaraguan TV, but I'm guessing 4, 8 and 11 are the good ones :)

Intelsat 34 at 55.5°W - LyngSat

Also, if you've never used the actuator the dish might not be tracking the satellite arc correctly. It's not a difficult thing to get set up and folks here will help you.

That's cool, it Was Intelsat 55 we used last. There was a similar site to Lyngsat that only covered from 65 to 65 deg and was far more timely than Lungsat was. I want to say sat-king, but some googling will tell me soon enough.

Most of the Mexican feeds (of which the Miss-us only likes one) we do by IPTV.

I can say for sure the dish is not set for the actuator. I tried to spin off of 91 and nothing tracked - I then read up on it (4 yrs ago maybe?) and came to the conclusion that I had to set up on one of the satellites in the high 90's to get tracking. IIRC at the time, I looked at swinging between 55 and 91 but there was some issue which escapes me at the moment.

It is =25C up here for the next week or two so for now realignment of the dish is not going to happen.

OK Galaxy 17 is 91 deg. So that means the 3 Univision on Anik 3 are no longer there then?

I have not had a chance to check around. But the Univision on 91W is the last I recall being ITC. There may be feeds somewhere else, but I rarely fool with feeds. We prefer full-time channels.

The wife doesn't watch Univision much anymore after she found 'her' Peruvian channels on 55W. And Willax on 117W

Reactions: kodaz
If "Anik 3" is Anik F3, the only transmissions are DISH Network transmissions on the Ku-band and data transmissions on the c-band. No video services such as Univision.

I have not had a chance to check around. But the Univision on 91W is the last I recall being ITC. There may be feeds somewhere else, but I rarely fool with feeds. We prefer full-time channels.

The wife doesn't watch Univision much anymore after she found 'her' Peruvian channels on 55W. And Willax on 117W
Are you still getting Willax on 117W?

It's still there...just checked again. Willax is the only channel left in the mux though. maybe the footprint is a bit weaker in your area? IDK.

It's still there...just checked again. Willax is the only channel left in the mux though. maybe the footprint is a bit weaker in your area? IDK.
I moved my dish 2 clicks and did a rescan. I have it at 98% now.

Thanks,
Norman

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)