Unlisted previews?

piranesi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
New York
I have a receiver upgrade scheduled for this week, so I can't access my programming online and confirm any of this, so I thought I would ask here.

I seem to have MLB strike zone and Root sports Pittsburgh showing up among my channels, but I don't (think) I have multi-sport. I'm in the Buffalo market, so Root Pitt used to only show up if you had multi-sport, otherwise it was just STO.

Is there a preview on that I'm missing? I don't see anything listed on Ch. 103 other than Universal sports. I am on AEP, so has MLB strike zone been made part of that? Or does anyone around Buffalo know if the have opened up the Pittsburgh sports local to Buffalo without needing to sign up for Multi-sport?

I don't show those as a free preview on our website or internal tool either. It's possible it may have been provided as part of when you did the upgrade. Can you send me a PM so I can look at the account to see what is going on?

Thanks for replying.

Thanks TommyF but I think I was just fooled because they don't "red out" Strikezone in the guide, even if you don't subscribe. As I move over to Tuesday on the guide, when it actually broadcasts, I get an "unauthorized" popup if I try to schedule it to record.

I'm still pleasantly surprised on Root Sport Pittsburgh, though. It is letting me schedule a recording for tomorrow night's game. I think maybe they re-aligned who can see what in this region, which is nice sine Buffalo is normally supposed to include Yes and MSG and SNY. Funny, I have friends with D* who get the channel but are blacked out for the Pirates games, and it annoys them to no end.

If I'd noticed this earlier, I might have gotten one of them to switch! But ever since I cancelled the Sports pack, I took Root Pitssburgh out of my guide favorites.

That is definitely possible then. I haven't seen any updates on RSNets moving around, but it is possible. I am glad you are able to get it though. Let me know if you have any other questions!

RS Nets are strange, I am in Wisconsin and was supposed to have CSN Chicago, but never had it, until I downgraded and then upgraded my package again... and then it appeared.

Could anyone else in the Buffalo area report on whether they get Root Sports Pittsburgh and if games are not blacked out?

Even thought I can't see my programming options right now, I was able to confirm through "Game finder" that all the pirates games are available to me. And next to them, under which package Root Sport Pittsburgh is under, it says AT120.

So that indicates that, at least where I am near Buffalo, Root Sport is standard RSNET now, and MLB isn't blacking them out here.

I'm kicking myself for not noticing this for the first, oh, 2/3 of the season.

Strange DISH Email

VIP211z & USB OTA Module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)