VIP211z & USB OTA Module

yes it does,211z has usb ports

But does it have the software to decode OTA? ;)

Edit, now that I look at it, it seems the I found one place that says that the USB OTA module will work on a 211Z. I can't find a manual for the 211Z so I am unsure....

But does it have the software to decode OTA? ;)

Edit, now that I look at it, it seems the I found one place that says that the USB OTA module will work on a 211Z. I can't find a manual for the 211Z so I am unsure....

Edit 2: DishDepot says the dongle will work with the 211Z!

USB Digital OTA Tuner

Connect your receiver to your Over-The-Air (OTA) antenna to integrate your free OTA channels into your DISH TV guide. Adds an extra OTA digital tuner to your satellite receiver so you can record an additional live HD programs at the same time as your other programs!Requires an OTA antenna

Compatible receiver models: 211z

$30.00

I have a 211Z and this shows up in the myDish store.

Last edited:
When I go to Dish store, it only lists Hopper w/Sling as compatible receiver...but maybe that's because I have one.

Dish Depot @ http://www.dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp has this posted:

The all new HD ViP 211z Receiver has arrived, sleek, compact, great for RVing! View HD and SD DISH programming, supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolutions. Universal 4 Component IR Remote, HDMI and RCA outputs only. 2 USB ports for connecting and external hard drive for optional DVR service or add the OTA Dongle (compatible with 211z and Hopper only) for viewing over-the-air broadcasts.

Dish Depot @ http://www.dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp has this posted:

The all new HD ViP 211z Receiver has arrived, sleek, compact, great for RVing! View HD and SD DISH programming, supports 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolutions. Universal 4 Component IR Remote, HDMI and RCA outputs only. 2 USB ports for connecting and external hard drive for optional DVR service or add the OTA Dongle (compatible with 211z and Hopper only) for viewing over-the-air broadcasts.

Does your 211z have an optical output?

VIP211Z Manual 1.jpg

I scanned a few pages from my VIP211Z User's Guide, showing the back panel and pages related to the USB OTA tuner.

Attachments

• VIP211Z Manual 2.jpg
    VIP211Z Manual 2.jpg
    685.8 KB · Views: 1,413
  • VIP211Z Manual 3.jpg
    VIP211Z Manual 3.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 1,415

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts