Unresponsive iphone 6 screen

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
So my wife has the iphone 6 with verizon, and up until a day or so ago it has been fine.

Lately however, the screen will just randomly get unresponsive for periods of time. A minute, 30 seconds, 5 minutes, ect.

Numerous reboots didnt fix it. Read something about swype being the culprit, so disabled it, no fix.
Even wiped it and set up as a new phone. As soon as we turned it on its so laggy that trying to set it up is a test of patience that Job would fail at.

Pretty much its as useless as a paperweight at the moment.

Any ideas?

So my wife has the iphone 6 with verizon, and up until a day or so ago it has been fine.

Lately however, the screen will just randomly get unresponsive for periods of time. A minute, 30 seconds, 5 minutes, ect.

Numerous reboots didnt fix it. Read something about swype being the culprit, so disabled it, no fix.
Even wiped it and set up as a new phone. As soon as we turned it on its so laggy that trying to set it up is a test of patience that Job would fail at.

Pretty much its as useless as a paperweight at the moment.

Any ideas?
Nothing like that here on my wife's or mine.

I wonder which part failed. But, only Apple will probably ever know as it goes back to the factory to be dissected.

Time for a trip to the Apple store.
Not once within convenient driving distance.
Oddly enough I called tech support, we reset the network connections of all things, and for now, it seems to be working ok. We shall see.

Not once within convenient driving distance.
Oddly enough I called tech support, we reset the network connections of all things, and for now, it seems to be working ok. We shall see.

Interesting, sounds like a currently known issue. Interesting that a wipe of it did not reset the network connection.

What version of iSO are you running? If you haven't update to the latest 8.1 it might be worth a try

She had already done the update and after that is when we had issues.

Called verizon again and they are replacing it with a new one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)