Unused BUD Dish? Any value?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The fiberglass dish... :( We gave up on removing a 12' fiberglass dish that was mounted about 10' off the ground last year. It probably weighed 200-300 pounds... A couple of days ago, I drove by that house, and it was out for the trash... It was sawed up in pieces. They even broke the actuator :(...

Remember I need a dish(BUD) motor that works, mine has bad(actually missing) feedback sensors so I have a resistor on my mover to simulate a sensor feedback. It would be nice to see the mover work right, I wish that they had not destroyed the motor. That dish was not the only thing either, theres a ton of satellite equipment from a failed satellite business they said they had and were going to toss out - they never called me to come and get it so I figure they just dumped it all into the trash including all those 4DTV receivers and such. Disgusting!!!

talked to owner

I finally got in contact with the owner and she said "just go ahead and take it." I will print out everyones suggestions and plan my next step in taking it down. I like the idea of cutting the pole and leaning it down.

Thanks for the suggestions and I will keep you informed.

That's a nice dish, I got one identical to it, works good, that one is in above avg shape too.. be worth setting up scaffold sections around it to get it down..then saw pole off at ground and re-use what's left.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)