Unusual DVR Hook-Up Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

n5tc

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2008
I want to connect a DVR to an 18 inch dual LNB motorhome satellite dish that receives only Sat 101-no HD. I would like to use the DVR connected to the second output so that I can record programs in the bedroom while watching programs from a receiver in the front.

I can make the DVR receive programming by simply hooking the second coax to the DVR. However, programming does not get updated and I have blank program information in the Program Guide after 4 hours.

Now to my question. Can I use a multiplexer and connect only one of the leads from the antenna? Putting the multiplexer where I can get to the outputs from both LNB's is very difficult. Is there another way that I can hook this puppy up? Again, all I can receive is Sat 101.

Tom

A multiswitch needs a minimum of 2 leads connected from the dish. One brings in the 18volt and one is 13volt. What DVR are you using guide should be stored on the hard drive unless it has been quite a while since it was connected to the main antenna it should have guide data.

Thank you. I was sure that was the case. Just hoping that I could do it with one lead.

This dvr is a HR 20 I think and as been hooked up at my home before I moved it to the motorhome.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)