Unusual remote programming for direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Crosscycled

Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
Binghamton, New York
New to Direct and so far support and internet cannot set me straight. I am trying to program the RC66 remote for my system. I have an Epson projection unit running through an Onkyo receiver. The receiver is not listed as a TV so I have programed it into AV1. The DTV and Onkyo will turn on in DTV mode. The Onkyo will only turn off in AV1 mode. Not a big deal but I cannot get volume controls in any mode. Tried all methods through DTV chat and seemed to know as much as they did. Tried all codes in all modes including the 991 add codes. I haven't even tried putting the Epson in the mix yet as all it needs to do is go on and off. Does someone have a way to program the Onkyo as a TV? It is not in the TV list but I imagine it would function correctly if programed in.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Crosscycled!

Do you have HDMI-CEC in your equipment? If so, activate it and that should get everything to turn on when you turn on the Directv box and off when you turn off the tv. That's how my setup works anyways.

:welcome to Satelliteguys Crosscycled!

Do you have HDMI-CEC in your equipment? If so, activate it and that should get everything to turn on when you turn on the Directv box and off when you turn off the tv. That's how my setup works anyways.
Thanks for the help. Got most to work. Had to change an HDMI input cable but basically got it working.

Good to hear. Does that mean that you have HDMI-CEC enabled?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts