up grading to dish 500 help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
i know this sounds odd up grading from a dish 300 too adish 500 for a friend seems too having problems with certian channels im using a dish 500 twin lnb and using a model 2700 reciever i had it installed and( few channels like 140,141, 142, espn channel say sat 119 transponder 4 in the error message 002 ) im not sure it is the cable wire or lnb is bad but i do get the rest of channels in good i used i did do the check swicth has been verified 119 satt and transponder 3 too aim the dish and has a 80 % signa l
strenght on it in in california their no obstructions has clear lline of sight i have mount it on top of the roof any idea what wrong? any helpwould be good thks

i know this sounds odd up grading from a dish 300 too adish 500 for a friend seems too having problems with certian channels im using a dish 500 twin lnb and using a model 2700 reciever i had it installed and( few channels like 140,141, 142, espn channel say sat 119 transponder 4 in the error message 002 ) im not sure it is the cable wire or lnb is bad but i do get the rest of channels in good i used i did do the check swicth has been verified 119 satt and transponder 3 too aim the dish and has a 80 % signa l
strenght on it in in california their no obstructions has clear lline of sight i have mount it on top of the roof any idea what wrong? any helpwould be good thks

ok....I read through it and was still kinda confused but 2 points.

1. did you skew the dish? Dish 500 needs t be skewed for your area. go to dishpointer and enter your zip. That will give you the correect angles and skew for the dish
2. the TP you posted (119 TP3) is a spotbeam for California so that 80 even on the old meter is low. Try and use 119 TP4 or 11 to lock the signal in. But back to point 1, you need to skew the dish to get both satellites

What kinda LNB are you using??? If its a DP LNB you will have these problems cause you don't have the correct power coming from that 2700 to run it. The legacy receivers only push about 13volts and the DP LNB's need 19volts which all DP receivers push out. You either need to replace the receiver with a newer DP or get a DP adapter that will supplement the power that you need for it to work properly. The only way you can avoid either one is if you have another Dish Pro or Pro Plus receiver connected to the LNBF as in a Plus Twin.

no the reflector is not bent nothing in it path on both side for a good 10 feet on it left and right side its on top of a flat roof its like a open space facing south i do have the the old dish elevation still set on the dish 300 should i use it ?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts