UP in 3D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Today for my birthday I decided I wanted to take the family to see the new Disney picture UP.

This movie has been getting rave reviews around the country.

I was not expecting the movie I got, this movie was deeply touching, and I found myself and everyone else crying my eyes out throughout the film.

The Characters, acting we well done. Just a few moments into the movie you felt like yu had an emotional attachment with the character.

It was a great film and I was glad I saw it, however its not a movie you would want to see again.

The 3D effects for the most part were non existent or my 3D glasses were filled with my own tears which blocked the effect. .

Yeah today is my Birthday and this movie shows that getting old sucks, but life is what you make and if if you are old you can still be something, in other words don't let your age limit you, your only as old as you feel.

Today for my birthday I decided I wanted to take the family to see the new Disney picture UP.

This movie has been getting rave reviews around the country.

It is a great movie. I especially liked the short film "Partly Cloudy" that preceded up. Pixar are such great storytellers.

It isn't your tears that kept the 3d from happening, it was your old man eyes! :eek: ;)

We saw it today but without the 3D effects. The movie was awesome and we loved it! This movie appealed to everyone of all ages. The only negative aspect was that my wife wasn't expecting to cry so often so it was emotionally tiring. The folks at Pixar write a better story than 99% of the film writers in Hollywood. And yes...even the cold-hearted bastard riffjim4069 was moved to tears. Well done!

Saw it Sunday and teared up like a big old fool. Who would of thought a cartoon would make someone feel so emotionally moved with just images and music montage. It definitely was on of the best movies I have seen in years.

Wow.. I'm glad I read this thread. I didn't realize this was a "crying" movie. Now I'm probably not going to see it. Not that movies that make you cry are inherently bad, but the combination of that and an (apparently) lacking 3d presentation have now swayed me from wanting to see this.

Wow.. I'm glad I read this thread. I didn't realize this was a "crying" movie. Now I'm probably not going to see it. Not that movies that make you cry are inherently bad, but the combination of that and an (apparently) lacking 3d presentation have now swayed me from wanting to see this.
Wussy!!;);)
See it, it's great!!!

watched it in 2-d as I dont think I want to pay extra for 3-d but as others sad, tear city...I didnt realize that I would be this moved after the first 5 minutes. What I also didnt realize ist hat I would be grinning like a little school girl after brad pitt shows up at her school as this movie was pretty funny. A well done movie that is good for kids/family/adults/date night! cant wait to add it to bluray collection for my kids!

I've only seen one movie in 3d, but it turned me off. It was HP5 and I thought it actually ruined the fight scene....is it worth it at all for this movie? I really want to see it, but my instincts are telling me to run to the 2d version...

I would do the 2d version as to be honest its 6 dollars more for two people to do the 3d and to me that is my wifes popcorn and coke she likes to get, its not worth it, others might chime in but for me its a no go.

There really wasnt any good 3D in the film to spend the money.

(The previews however had some amazing 3D including the upcoming ESPN X Games movie!)

Go see this movie but instead see it in 2D. :)

I would do the 2d version as to be honest its 6 dollars more for two people to do the 3d and to me that is my wifes popcorn and coke she likes to get, its not worth it, others might chime in but for me its a no go.
I didn't know they charge more for the 3D version? I could take or leave the 3D effects (doesn't make a difference to me), but I'm with you...save the money and use it for a combo.

We saw it today but without the 3D effects. The movie was awesome and we loved it! This movie appealed to everyone of all ages. The only negative aspect was that my wife wasn't expecting to cry so often so it was emotionally tiring. The folks at Pixar write a better story than 99% of the film writers in Hollywood. And yes...even the cold-hearted bastard riffjim4069 was moved to tears. Well done!

Holy Cow, it must be a heck of a film to reduce you to tears. ;) :D

I didn't know they charge more for the 3D version? I could take or leave the 3D effects (doesn't make a difference to me), but I'm with you...save the money and use it for a combo.

3d

2d

at this theater its only 2.25 extra the one we went to that night (closer to home, but not as good) was 3 extra.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)