upcoming Charlie Chat-Voom lovers need to CALL/Email!

Funny thing, I was at my sister-in-law's house this weekend, they have Dish HD and are unhappy about the change as well. They are not the kind to ever come to a board like this (or any other for that matter), but they miss the channels Charlie the crook stole from them and are silently fuming.

Edge

On the upcoming Charlie Chat those of us who miss Voom need to email and call. Let's flood the chat with love for Voom. Otherwise dish will just be a carbon copy of Direct WITHOUT Extra Innings, Sunday Ticket and the upcoming Baseball Network!
When will you pro Voomers let this die? It's gone!! Get over it! Dish made a business decision, that is good for their company. You may not like it, but in the long run, its better for you. Why be charged for content that only a few watch? And argue with it as much as you want, but there are very few of you! Dish gathered the viewing info, found the viewership low, and coupled with other problems with the service, made a legit and important business decision. You could set your clock by what was showing on most of the channels. The same crap hashed over and over. If you don't like the decision, feel free to call in. It won't do you a bit of good. If you're mad at Dish, then switch to Directv, You won't get Voom there either, but at least it will give you someone new to bitch about!!!

When will you pro Voomers let this die? It's gone!! Get over it! Dish made a business decision, that is good for their company. You may not like it, but in the long run, its better for you. Why be charged for content that only a few watch? And argue with it as much as you want, but there are very few of you! Dish gathered the viewing info, found the viewership low, and coupled with other problems with the service, made a legit and important business decision. You could set your clock by what was showing on most of the channels. The same crap hashed over and over. If you don't like the decision, feel free to call in. It won't do you a bit of good. If you're mad at Dish, then switch to Directv, You won't get Voom there either, but at least it will give you someone new to bitch about!!!

When have they EVER removed a channel because of "low viewership"? This has NOTHING to do with "low viewership", it has to do wth their relationship with Voom. Get real, and don't believe the spin.

i say lets protest dish. lets all drop our hd packages in protest of this and when they have no one subscribing to HD they will have to bring it back

When have they EVER removed a channel because of "low viewership"? This has NOTHING to do with "low viewership", it has to do wth their relationship with Voom. Get real, and don't believe the spin.
Again the rumor is... Dish WANTED to keep Monsters and 4 other of the VOOM channels, VOOM requested them removed.

And while this is a rumor I have talked to folks on boh sides and to story here matches but I label it as a rumor since there is no offiial press release.

Look for more filings in the lawsuit which will hopefully officially bring this to light.

Charlie will probably "lightly" address VOOM at the beginning of the Chat, saying only what he wants to say about it, so if anyone calls in about it during the show, he can say, well.. we addressed this earlier... and can't comment much more on it since it is in litigation... blah blah blah... umm umm.... yada yada yada.

:rolleyes:

Read my post again. I said "low viewership" was one reason. Like Scott said, Voom had the opportunity to keep 5 channels on, but they said"al or nothing". Why don't you go bitch at Voom? You seem pretty adamant that this is all Dish's fault! Have you investigated and found any other evidence? It's always easy to pick on corporate America and find them at fault. The reality is, if it was your company, your money, and your decision, you would have made the same decision!

i say lets protest dish. lets all drop our hd packages in protest of this and when they have no one subscribing to HD they will have to bring it back
Oh yeh, we're gonna run and jump to do that!:rolleyes:

ok guys there is obviously some people that could not care less about Voom and others that really liked it. I watched Rave and Monsters ALOT with some Treasure, Gallery, and Filmfest thrown in. If you have a HD set and and like 1080I COMMERCIAL free programming then Voom really is fantastic. I thought the picture quality on their channels was the BEST of anything on dish. There are lots of programming on their channels that have shown up nowhere else. There are lots of repeats yes but the channels they replaced it with are not showing much HD and are loaded with commercials. My point is Dish needs to see that this package sets them apart from direct. Direct has the sports packages so if you want sports in the long run your going to go with them. Voom was unique on sat to dish and was the reason i chose dish. Now its going to come down to the lowest price and equipment cause it looks like for the most part both dish and direct will have the same channels.

You do realize that the majority of people who have HD (around 10% of Dish subs) don't subscribe to these types of forums and probably couldn't care less about boycotting Dish, right!?!?!?!

Post your emails here or call 1.888.621.2078 during the broadcast on Monday, 9 June, 9:00pm ET. Of couse, I doubt we'll hear much about VOOM since E* is hoping the VOOM customers will just go away quietly.

Thanks for posting this. I definitely will send them a question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)