Upcoming Dish 811 installation

Leo

Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
Well tomorrow is the big day (like a kid on Xmas), my 811 installation begins sometime after 8am. Looking forward to finally going HD. I'm still trying to decide which OTA antenna to get, but I'll have them run the line to the roof and probably run out to get either a Radio Shack or Channel Master (3610) antenna. I live in Norcross, GA and the furthest transmission is about 17 miles away. A managed to get in on the customer retention program deal so I get the installation and unit for $149 - pretty good deal to me.

So is anyone in the Atlanta area using Dish HD? How's reception so far for you? Any hints/tips?

System:
NAD T163 Pre/Pro - NAD T973 7 Power amp - Denon 2200 DVD - Mitsubishi 65819 RPTV

Leo said:
I'm still trying to decide which OTA antenna to get, but I'll have them run the line to the roof and probably run out to get either a Radio Shack or Channel Master (3610) antenna. I live in Norcross, GA and the furthest transmission is about 17 miles away.

So is anyone in the Atlanta area using Dish HD? How's reception so far for you? Any hints/tips?

You'd be much better off with the Winegard Sensar GS1000 or GS2000 amplified at the distances that you state.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)