Upcoming Hopper System Install

Chris04626

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
MAine
I am having a 2 hopper 4 joey system installed on the 20th. IS there anything i need to know? Can the 2 hoopers see each other? IS there a certain way i should have the hoopers located?

Right now i have 2 dual tuners one in living room(main tv watching area) this also runs master bedroom

the other receiver is in a kids bed room and then has another kids bed room on that.

The hooper system is going to be Living Room, Master BEd room, 3 kids rooms and a room in the basement.

Any suggestions?

i do not use PIP at all

how exactly does the recording work. IF i have 3-4 shows i need to record at the same time, can it record 3-4 shows without messing up what everyone else may be watching?

how exactly does the recording work. IF i have 3-4 shows i need to record at the same time, can it record 3-4 shows without messing up what everyone else may be watching?
if you spread it out correctly among the family members, it should be ok. I'm guessing the kids will have their joeys linked to their specific hopper so that they can share those three tuners.

3 tuners per hopper. Not sure if your household has use for PTAT or not, but that could help with conflicts depending on what you watch.

what is PTAT? The kids generally do not record anything.

Most of the recording will be done from the Living room.

With PTAT enabled the Hopper will record the 4 networks, ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC HD channels, each evening during prime time all on one tuner, automatically. You have the option to disable this.

Yes we would probably use this. Most of the things we record are on these channels. Does that take up all tuners, or are those recorded all over one tuner?

Nice so those can be recorded, and i could watch another show while those are recording and another show in another room via joey?

I am getting 2 hoopers and 4 joeys. Hopefully my installer has experience installing these and can help figure how they should be ran for my programming needs.

Most of the recording will be done from the Living room.
since you can make use of PTAT, I doubt very much you'll have any conflicts.

PTAT uses one tuner during primetime hours, so you'll still have 5 other tuners for recording or live TV at that time to be shared by the family.

Of course that could all change when your kids start learning to record their shows. :p

thanks guy. I look forward to getting it hooked up and hoping for a knowledgeable installer. Hoping they can fish my dish issues as well. They have it mounted on my roof, and it seems to cut out alot even when its sunny. And in the winter snow just piles up on it how they have it angled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)