XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Here is the list of upcoming LIVE (HD) soccer matches on WorldSport channel:

Su Mar-28 Sevilla @ Real Madrid (2:00 PM EST)
W Mar-31 Portugal vs. Italy (2:45 PM EST)
Sa Apr-3 Barcelona vs. Villarreal (3:00 PM EST)
Th Apr-8 UEFA Quarterfinals: Marseille vs. Inter (3:00 PM EDT)
Su Apr-11 Osasuna @ Real Madrid (3:30 PM EDT)
W Apr-14 UEFA Quarterfinals: Valencia vs. Bordeaux (3:45 PM EDT)
Su Apr-18 R. Sociedad @ Valencia (1:30 PM EDT)
W Apr-21 Barcelona vs. China (12:30 PM EDT, re-air 8 PM)
Th Apr-22 UEFA: Semifinals, Game 1: Villarreal vs. Valencia (3:45 PM EDT, re-air 10:30 PM)
Su Apr-25 Barcelona @ R. Madrid (1:25 PM EDT, re-air 9 PM)
Su May-2 Espanyol @ Barcelona (3:30 PM EDT)
Th May-6 UEFA: Semifinals, Game 2: Marseille vs. Newcastle (3:00 PM EDT)
Sa May-8 Mallorca @ Real Madrid (4 PM EDT, re-air 9:30 PM)
Su May-16 Racing @ Barcelona (1:30 PM EDT, re-air 9:30 PM)
Su May-23 Real Sociedad @ Real Madrid (3 PM EDT, re-air 9 PM)

For the most recent schedule updates, game commentaries and discussions please check this thread at AVSForum, as well as several soccer-related threads in this forum.

Please join us on-line this Sunday at 2:00 PM EST during the live Sevilla @ Real Madrid match!

Also, don't miss a new Episode of LA LIGA pre-game show to air Sunday at 1:30pm EST, featuring a candid interview with Fernando Torres.

Official WorldSport soccer schedule information can be found here: http://www.worldsportsoccer.com/

Edit: I've updated the above schedule

New Soccer Fan

You know, I never concidered myself a soccer fan, but lately I have been watching the game in HD. I have even been switching back and forth watching it in SD and then back to HD during the same game. There is just something that reaches out and grabs your attention when you watch the game in HD.

Add one new soccer fan. Thanks for the game schedule.

RickyMac said:
"lately.... watching the [soccer] games in HD. ...Add one new soccer fan."
SUPERB to hear, R-Mac. :cool:

Add another note of thanks, Ilya!
:D

Can you tell us which June matches will be shown live? [British friends headed over,- they'll need to know.]
;)

Bukowski said:
Can you tell us what live June matches will be shown live? [Brithish friends headed-over,- they'll need to know.] ;)
Unfortunately league games will be over by June (they will re-start in August). June-July is when EURO-2004 takes place in Portugal (national teams will be playing, not individual clubs). There is still no word on whether WorldSport will be showing EURO-2004. Probably not. :(

Hey, WorldSport! Bring us EURO-2004! Show once again that WorldSport is the best channel for European soccer!

Euro 2004

Ilya said:
June-July is when EURO-2004 takes place in Portugal. ...still no word on whether WorldSport will be showing EURO-2004. Probably not. :
Ah-ha. That's where i'm at. Euro matches... ;)
Hey, WorldSport! Bring us EURO-2004! Show once again that WorldSport is the best channel for European soccer!
Thanks again, Ilya! -- a grave misfortune if WorldSport doesn't offer EURO-2004.

Americans need the chance to see all the peoples of Europe together, sporting about. Everyone does in today's world. :cool:

AGAIN:
WorldSport! Please bring us EURO-2004!

Now guys this is nothing official but I was reading through another forum (a spanish forum) and read the following:

CableTVJuegos de la Primera Liga española en alta definición para EEUU
by Gerardo Lazos

El servicio satelital, Voom, filial de Cablevision Systems, de Estados Unidos, anunció que continuará la transmisión de los juegos de la Primera Liga española, en formato de alta definición, a través del canal WorldSport-HD, con el encuentro entre el Real Madrid y el Barcelona, a finales de abril.

WorldSport-HD es el único canal en Estados Unidos que transmite juegos de Fútbol Soccer internacional en formato de alta definición. La programación incluirá los juegos de la Eurocopa 2004.WorldSport-HD es una empresa de Rainbow Media Holdings.

Obviously, what I highlighted in RED is what's important. If my translation is correct, it will indicate that Euro-2004 games will be in WorldSport-HD. Now, I have emailed the original poster to verify this. Keeping finger cross.

interesting developments....

Sean Mota said:
...La programación incluirá los juegos de la Eurocopa 2004.
WorldSport-HD es una empresa de Rainbow Media Holdings.

=> If my translation is correct, it indicates that Euro-2004 games will be in WorldSport-HD.
Superb, Sean. [Fine bilingual skills. ;) Always very nice to have.]

Spoke to my british friend about the "footie" -- never heard of worldsport. ??
==> Recommended SKY & the BBC, which will carry EURO-'04 games for them.

Please keep the info coming, men!

Bukowski said:
Spoke to my british friend about the "footie" -- never heard of worldsport. ??
==> Recommended SKY & the BBC, which will carry EURO-'04 games for them.
Bukowski, WorldSport is exclusive to VOOM, and VOOM is exclusive to US. So no one in Europe would know about it. Plus, Europe doesn't have HD (only starting now), so BBC and others would be SD, I assume...

JUST ADDED:
Wednesday, April 21: Barcelona vs. China
This is a friendly match. It is supposed to start at 12:30 PM EST.

WorldSport will have three live games in one week!

I don't have Voom, but it has become very tempting, if it had a HD PVR so I could record some of the games, and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg I might be sold on it, This World Sport channel sounds great, who owns this channel?

How about some cricket on World Sports

Dish makes millions of dollars off cricket pay per view. Cricket is played by British, Australians, Indians, Pakistanis, West Indians. I have dished out $199 just for test series between India and Pakistan and so have countless of my countrymen. Maybe Voom can show some cricket late at nite or have a Pay per view channel for Sports like that. I love voom subscribed for one week , love World sports and chance watch European soccer. Voom has a great future , i tell all my HD compadres to sign on

I have updated the first post of this thread. Note the latest addition:

Wednesday, Apr-28: Italy vs. Spain - LIVE!

Edit: This broadcast has been cancelled... :(

I have Worldsport and watching soccer on HD is out of the world experience. I have also Goltv and Foxsports World on Dish network but nothing like watching soccer on HD.

I really hope Worldsport will EPL and Champions Leagus matches. It will be great.

Euro2004 tournament will be the bomb for US Soccer fan if WorldSport could air the matches.

Thank You

manutd123_68 said:
I have Worldsport and watching soccer on HD is out of the world experience...
Welcome to the club!
If you are at home, don't miss today's UEFA Semi-Final match at 3:45!

If Europe doesn't have HD, then how do they broadcast in HD?

That was just a quick question, but what I really want to know, is if WorldSport will be covering Euro 2004, or any other Euro Sport Competitions next season (expl. Seria A, Champions League, Uefa Cup). If so, there is no way in hell I'm not getting voom. They are the only ones offering soccer in HD, and I love soccer.

Also, if anyone is going to watch the Game Italy vs Spain please let me know how the quality is. I 'm going to be watching it on Dish Network. I have distnetwork for one reason and one reason only RAI. Its the Italian station, and they show all the Italian soccer games including Euro 2004 games. But I will pay an extra 40 a month to be able to watch the game in HD along with other great games.
...Neo

Thanks, that was helpful.. I've only seen a handful of game in HD, but are the soccer games just as nice as the us football? I love soccer, I'm just wondering how good it looks. If you watch the game Italy vs. spain let me know how it good it looked. I wish I could watch Baggio in his last game on the Italian National Team in HD. If someone can record it in HD let me know, I'll pay you if you wouldn't mind.
...Neo

Dish Network ( and others) will offer Euro 2004 as a package for $179 and probably as pay-per-game events ( $20-25 per game).
It will be in SD.
I have serious doubts that VOOM will offer it on Worldnet - rights for it are probably too expencive to offer it without extra charge.
Here is the info:
http://www.soccertv.com/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)