Upcoming PS3 bundle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dont24

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 20, 2004
MA
To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal
Gear Solid(R)4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a
PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal
Gear Solid(R)4: Guns of the Patriots and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
for $499 (MSRP). Full story.

To coincide with the much-anticipated North American launch of Metal
Gear Solid(R)4: Guns of the Patriots in late Q2 2008, SCEA will introduce a
PS3 bundle, which will include an 80GB PS3, the upcoming blockbuster Metal
Gear Solid(R)4: Guns of the Patriots and a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller
for $499 (MSRP). Full story.

Sony sucks. They didn't even include a replica plastic helmet. !protest Seriously I think they will sell a lot of these. It's almost like a price drop. I would be a little pissed though if I had bought a PS3 with MGS4 in mind and then seen this deal. The dualshocks are new right? Or at least thay hadn't been included with the console?

It's not really a price drop, is it? You can (if you can find one) get an 80GB now with Motorstorm and a controller - just not a dualshock - for $499

If this was $399 it would print money for Sony.

The new Dual Shock controller is almost as expensive as a game ($55), so being $5 more than the normal controller, and Motorstorm never marked down since launch (wtf?), there's your price drop.... $5.

Surprised/disappointed they're maintaining the $500 price point till probably at least the holiday, shock us all and make it full BC again and it would be worth it.

Sounds like more desperate attempts by Sony to justify the sill $500 price tag. Maybe if they included TWO controllers it would be a bargain, and I might consider grabbing it since MSG4 is going to be fun.

I wonder how the battery life is going to be on the new DS3 controllers? All that rumble has got to use up a lot of juice. I've been pretty happy with the battery life on the Sixaxis so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts