Update 0x5cd

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lacubs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Erie, Pa
do anyone know what updated does? when i first turn on my box this morning it made me name mine Whole-Home network that i don't have thanks

It sucks. I want 59e back. If you come out of standby, it changes rez down to 720p,even though the front light says 1080. It also has rebooted twice since I got it this morning.

i not saying anything bad about yet, but, i don't even see topic on to me what this update does

the new update has almost fixed my HR22-100's sluggishness, the channel guide comes up quick and the channels are changing just about like it was new and its not hung up. I did force a reboot this morning after I noticed the download. my blue ring was turned on again. I always turn that annoying thing off.

Last edited:
At 3:59 am this morning I got 0x5cd on my HR23-700.
So haven't noticed much, except I lost internet connection.
Had to reboot.

Seems like guide response is much faster as well on mine.
Channel changing though, not much different, still like a 3 second pause before the channel comes up when switching from in the guide,
Even longer if changing the channel by using channel up down.

It has caused my HR22-100 to be intermittent on the HDMI output to my Denon AV receiver. At power on or on channel change, the AV receiver may or may not detect HDMI. Worked fine on previous version. 2 resets so far, seems to be getting better. Work is keeping me away from it until the weekend...

i not saying anything bad about yet, but, i don't even see topic on to me what this update does
Hx2x: 0x05CD/0x45CD

Receivers included in this release:
HR20-700 • HR20-100
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Release Date: May 17, 2012

0x45CD - H21/23
0x05CD - All other receivers listed above

Issues/Discussion thread: The Contents of this Release: (Differences based on previous national releases)

New features
  • None

Updated
  • Stability fixes
  • Under the Hood

I knew someone would say that but NO ;)
I have too many movies recorded that aren't on blu ray
What stinks is you can't even get a external Sata drive, cause you will lose all your recordings.

The sata drives replaces the internal drive, so don't do it!:)

What stinks is you can't even get a external Sata drive, cause you will lose all your recordings.

I have one
A seamless change from internal to external would be nice but a reboot after disconnecting the external power cord takes care of it

that's the one thing i don't understand, why Directv doesn't allow an external HD to work as it does with Dish.

meathead76 said:
I knew someone would say that but NO ;)
I have too many movies recorded that aren't on blu ray

You sound like me. I also like to record movies not on BD yet. I just make sure to watch the series shows on a regular basis so the drive dies not fill up that much.

Finally!!!
I hit the list button and the playlist comes up instantly, no more waiting forever.
Now if I could turn off the low disc space warning.

I hate that new warning on the HR34. My HR24 and 34 always have 1% free. That's kind of the point. You let new shows record and the old ones fall off. I only have 3 or 4 protected so it's not like I have 90% of the shows as "Keep". The HR24 doesn't do this warning and it has more "Keep" shows.

Finally!!! I hit the list button and the playlist comes up instantly, no more waiting forever. Now if I could turn off the low disc space warning.
unlike mine HR22 now, with this update it take a few seconds to bring the list up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)