UPDATE:Retailer Chat Update (Inc. Hardware and New Locals)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On the retailer chat they just announced the SuperDish upgrade details to the retailers.

FREE SUPERDISH UPGRADE
If a customer agrees to sub to locals or HD from 105 for 1 year and pay by credit card auto pay.

If customer does not want to sub to those packages for 1 year or use credit card auto pay the prices is $199 plus $99 install fee.

More from the chat if it warrents.

Remember you read it first here at SatelliteGuys.US!

Another SatelliteGuys First (Remember if you post this anywhere else please menion you read it at SatelliteGuys.US)

Jim and Charlie Just announced all the new Hardware and prices!

ALL HARDWARE LISTED BELOW WILL BE AVAILABLE AT THE END OF OCTOBER!

All Prices are STAND ALONE units without Dish.

Dish 111 - MSRP $99 (Only available in DHP)
Dish 322 - MSRP $199
Dish DVR 522 - $399
Dish 811 $399 ($599 with SuperDish)
Dish 921 $999 ($1199 MSRP with SuperDish)

More details from the chat as we have them!

Any chance we'll be able to get it free with a commitment to international channels?

Wow, great price for a 522. I paid $300 for my 508 less than a year ago. The price of the 111 kind of confuses me, why would someone get that over a 301?

FREE SUPERDISH UPGRADE
If a customer agrees to sub to locals or HD from 105 for 1 year and pay by credit card auto pay.

If customer does not want to sub to those packages for 1 year or use credit card auto pay the prices is $199 plus $99 install fee.
So now we have to get sucked into CC autopay to get the free SuperDish upgrade? This wasn't announced as part of the deal on the last chat.

Yup I don't like credit card autopay, I get paid ever two weeks and sometimes the date they suck money out is a week I don't get paid.

I do not believe however that they keep track of the autopay stuff. :)

It was one thing when all we had to do was have either a 1 year HD or Local
agreement, but now need to have credit card auto-pay?
Sounds a bit sneaky of them forcing people to do that, otherwise you have to pay
$300!

There's also no mention of the 311.

Nope they did not mention the 311. I don't know why.

I also just noticed I did not place my review of the 311 online from last week. (Whoops!)

Look for 311 pics and review online later here at SatelliteGuys.US

When they say HD from 105, does that mean you have to buy an upgraded ( more $$) HD package than what I'm getting from dish 500?

Scott, did they say anything in the chat about the SuperDish upgrade offer being available for DHP customers or we we get the shaft again???

No the Dish HD Package at $9.99 has been made future proof, that means as new HD Channels are made available on 105 your price for the HD pack will not go up.

(Of course some HD Channels like Starz HD will be available to you only if you subscribe to the Starz package) :)

Maybe because there is no difference in the 311 and the new updated 301. The software in the 301 now does what the 311 was suppossed to do ; it goes out at least 2 days and the pip works. Unless the 311 is going to be having a guide that goes out longer than 2 days. I suspect that the 301s could get a software update which changes them into a 311, kind of like the 4700 to a 4900.

Mike you said what I was going to put in my review.

As far as DHP goes I don't have an answer for you. They did mention they are working on some deals for DHP customers, including a HD upgrade. :)

10 New Local Cities will be added to the Dish Network Lineup on October 16th they include

Dish 500 Required
Memphis, TN
Eugene, OR
Yakima, WA

105 Superdish Required
Albany, NY
Baltimore, MD
Boise, ID
Columbus, OH
Missoula, Earth :)
Richmond, VA
Wichita, KS

Once again you read it here first on SatelliteGuys.US!

Makes sound like SuperDish will be available on 10/16. It it's after that date why would Charlie spend the $'s on the retransmission fees if nobody could receive them????

ROLLTIDE said:
Credit card Auto Pay is very scary with all the times they make billing errors :(

Ya know, I keep seeing this. I've had credit card auto-pay for 3 years and never, not even once, had a billing error. I watch it like a hawk. I have almost all of my billing for everything, even my mortgage, come out of my credit or checking accounts and never, never, have a problem. I'm wondering if Chicken Little lives.