UPDATE:Retailer Chat Update (Inc. Hardware and New Locals)

I live in the Columbus Ohio market and I am please to be getting my locals soon. When can we start ordering the locals and superdish? Do I have to wait till the 16th?

Re: DVR 522 Pricing confusion .....

Anonymous said:
Hey thanks Scott for the pricing news, BUT why do you think that the 522 is priced lower than the 721? They seem to offer the same features and have the same soze drive.

Thoughts?

Dish DVR 522 - $399

The same size hard drive is way cheaper than it was last year.

Plus the disappointing number of people buying the 721 has probably told them that many people won't may $550 for a Standard Def PVR.

It will be curious to see how many 921s they sell.

Anonymous said:
What happens if some of your local stations are on 61.5? Will superdish and one at 61.5 still work with DP34 switch? It doesn't seem like there are enough inputs on the switch for all those locations.

From what they said last week, All Channels from 61.5 / 148 will be mirrored on 105 (locals and HD) and 121 (internationals)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Anonymous said:
What happens if some of your local stations are on 61.5? Will superdish and one at 61.5 still work with DP34 switch? It doesn't seem like there are enough inputs on the switch for all those locations.

From what they said last week, All Channels from 61.5 / 148 will be mirrored on 105 (locals and HD) and 121 (internationals)

currently, I get 110, 119 and 61.5 for international and HD. In the future, do I need to switch to superdish (105 version) + point the 61.5 dish at 121?
Will this work?

No that will not work, 121 is a FSS Ku signal, your LNB on your 61.5 dish would need to be changed out to one that supports FSS.

Also your 61.5 dish may be too small to get a good signal from 121.

They are working on a solution to this which should be available when the DP+44 Switch comes out in the Spring.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No that will not work, 121 is a FSS Ku signal, your LNB on your 61.5 dish would need to be changed out to one that supports FSS.

They are working on a solution to this which should be available when the DP+44 Switch comes out in the Spring.

Well, how about superdish (121 version ) + point the 61.5 dish at 105? :)

markusian said:
Scott Greczkowski said:

Well, how about superdish (121 version ) + point the 61.5 dish at 105? :)
Easy answer is replace 121 in scott's answer with 105 (same type of situation)

You could point a seperate dish a 105 or 121 to receive those signals but the dish size probably would not be much smaller if any smaller at all than the SuperDish in which would defeat the purpose.

n0qcu, What is the deal with you signature? that scares me that you can get all that info from my PC so easy. :? :shock:

SuperDish

Just wondering if you will still be eligible to get superdish upgrade if you already got a 6000U receiver recently for 200 bucks and already subscribe to the HD channels from Dishnetwork.

Just wondering if you will still be eligible to get superdish upgrade if you already got a 6000U receiver recently for 200 bucks and already subscribe to the HD channels from Dishnetwork.
Yes, you are.

He does not know your IP address, its just a program that tells you your own IP address. If you go to www.ipchicken.com it will also tell you information about your IP address.

Guest said:
Scott,

I thought I heard on the last chat Columbia, SC locals was supposed to be active by Oct 16. Is there any mention of this at a later date? I really hope so.

Dish network has been saying that Cola.S.C. is going to have locals for the last two years . I purchased my equipment from Radio Shack and when I purchased the equipment they said should be next month. Go in the following month they said in a month or two, then by the end of summer, then end of the year. Dish would never say when. I would really like the locals in Cola. aswell.

jerryez said:
Lee L said:
I don;t like E*'s version of CC auto pay simply because they have screwed up many peoples billing and just stopped taking the money each month, the people call and say "hey, you didn;t bill me this month", the CSR says, "OK its fixed" but it isn't then all the sudden service is cut. Customer calls back and says whats up, the CSR say(paraphrasing), "you are a deadbeat so we cut you off, pay a reinstatement fee or we will not restore your service" IT has taken quite a while to get this sorted for many customers.

Did this happen to you? :?

I caught it before they cut me off but I had to fight to get the late fee taken off my bill. But then all of the sudden I stopped getting a paper statement anymore and had to call and make them send me a statement so I could verify that they took the payment out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)