UPDATE:Retailer Chat Update (Inc. Hardware and New Locals)

The only warning I'd have on CC autopay, is if you're planning on cancelling service cancel CC autopay a month or so before then. That's because Dish doesn't refund partial months that you've paid for so you want to cancel as close as you can to the end of your billing period and don't want them to automatically deduct the next months programming fee.

I am really hoping that they can be convinced to do the FREE upgrade w/o cc autopay otherwise I will never have Superdish.

I am thinking maybe you can agree to 1 year of locals, 1 year of HD and prepay the HD package in advance and get the upgrade for FREE.

Back when I did the DISH 500 upgrade they were insisting on making me sign for CC autopay and agree to 1 year of service. I told them no and basically just had to agree to the 1 year of service and then pay shipping on the DISH 500 (something like $19 I think)

I hate CC autopay for the same reason as Scott -- whenever they take the $$ would be when I didn't have it!

Greg

Scott,

I thought I heard on the last chat Columbia, SC locals was supposed to be active by Oct 16. Is there any mention of this at a later date? I really hope so.

Didn't the last charlie chat say that superdish would be free if you got the HD package for $109 Or 1 year of AT 50 ?

Why the push for Creditcard auto pay ?

The superdish upgrade special is only for existing subscribers?

A new subscriber will pay the retail prices?

Tom488 said:
FREE SUPERDISH UPGRADE
If a customer agrees to sub to locals or HD from 105 for 1 year and pay by credit card auto pay.

If customer does not want to sub to those packages for 1 year or use credit card auto pay the prices is $199 plus $99 install fee.
So now we have to get sucked into CC autopay to get the free SuperDish upgrade? This wasn't announced as part of the deal on the last chat.

If you dont want to sign up for CC auto pat you can still just pay a $25 handling fee and commit to 1 year od locals or HD

I am not in front of my notes but I believe a new sub can add a Dish 500 to their receiver for $50 or a superdish for $150.

I am not in front of my notes but I believe a new sub can add a Dish 500 to their receiver for $50 or a superdish for $150.

And this should be available 10/16? Before the existing customers upgrade and the superdish supply dries up.

btw... just found this forum today.

I am amazed at how many people claim they don't get a refund for unused service. I had DHP with CC Auto Pay. I wanted to own my equipment but had to terminate service and return eq before I could go out on my own.

Here's the statement from the last month I had DHP

Payments
9/09 CREDIT CARD PAYMENT -76.34

Balance $ 0.00

New Monthly Charge(s) Service from: 09/14 to 10/13
DIGITAL HOME PLAN, PARTIAL MONTH(S) 09/13-10/05 -39.06
NETWORK PACKAGE WITH PBS PARTIAL MONTH(S) 09/13-10/05 -9.16

Account Charges $ -48.22
Total $ -48.22

Total Amount Due
$ -48.22

Once the eq was returned, I received this credit on my CREDIT CARD!

Unless you have evidence that Dish cheated you personally, quit making the bogus claim.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Nope they did not mention the 311. I don't know why.

I also just noticed I did not place my review of the 311 online from last week. (Whoops!)

Look for 311 pics and review online later here at SatelliteGuys.US
whats the differnce between the 301 and 311

FREE SUPERDISH UPGRADE
If a customer agrees to sub to locals or HD from 105 for 1 year and pay by credit card auto pay

So does the word "customer" include DHP? From the last CC I have learned that these two words don't mean the same thing.

I don't understand, I guess, why everyone is so worried about the TIMING of CC Autopay. If you're using a CREDIT card, it doesn't matter when the charge is made.......you pay it when YOU get paid. Now, if you're using a DEBIT card, that's different. BTW, I've been on autopay for 2 years with no problems.

Thanks, Scott for all the good info on the new products!

Brad

My wife likes to max out my credit cards. :)

Dish does not always charge the credit card on the same day.

I use a debit card to pay my Dish Bill and because they never bill it on the same day I never know when to expect it and dont want anything else to bounce.

I have a feeling this is why others get concerned about auto pay as well.

I don't know which is harder getting Dish to bill on the same day or getting my wife to stop maxing out the credit cards :D

HDTV Offers for Existing Customers

Was there any mention of special offers to existing customers who want to upgrade to HDTV? I don't think I've seen mention of anything here.

Sorry, that was me who asked about special offers for HDTV, I forgot to login.

I know they have an offer for the 6000 (when I called, it was $199 plus $149 for the OTA module), but I was wondering if they said anything about offers for existing customers for the model 811 and Superdish upgrade.