Update software for 2012 Chevy Volt SiriusXM system?

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
I have SiriusXM in my 2012 Chevy Volt, and in my 2018 Honda. I have the same subscription level for both vehicles, but I am not getting the same channels in both. I contacted SiriusXM and they told me to update the software, and gave me the instructions on doing it, which were a bit bizarre, like bringing up my account on my iPhone and taking it out to the car. The kicker though, is that I have to be tuned to channel 0, and the Volt does not have a channel 0. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have SiriusXM in my 2012 Chevy Volt, and in my 2018 Honda. I have the same subscription level for both vehicles, but I am not getting the same channels in both. I contacted SiriusXM and they told me to update the software, and gave me the instructions on doing it, which were a bit bizarre, like bringing up my account on my iPhone and taking it out to the car. The kicker though, is that I have to be tuned to channel 0, and the Volt does not have a channel 0. Anyone have any suggestions?
Maybe this: " If you just subscribed or are missing channels, visit siriusxm.com/refresh to activate and refresh your radio."

Reactions: TheKrell
Maybe this: " If you just subscribed or are missing channels, visit siriusxm.com/refresh to activate and refresh your radio."
Yeah, I have a Chrysler which IIRC uses Sirius tech. It never had a channel 0. But dendavis sees channel 0 on his Honda. Maybe the tech (either XM or Sirius) has something to do with it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts