Update U725

I put a Snap in both of my Hopper 2 w/Sling about two months ago. One of them functioned great but the other one went nuts and kept refreshing about every 30 seconds. Had to get Tech Support to help me. Never tried to put the Snap into the second one since that fiasco.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Two HWS and two Snaps with SW update U275 installed. Sometimes after changing channels I will see the information banner at the top my TV screen as normal, however the screen will go dark with no picture. I can change to a different channel and everything is fine. Go back to the previous channel I selected and the video for that channel returns. This happens on both receivers..........

I've had U275 on my single HWS with a Snap since December according to the diagnostics menu, but in the past week or so it's developed several weird issues. First, sometimes when resuming from standby it comes up with a blank screen. If I go to the guide and then back to live TV, it usually fixes it. I just discovered that if I push the Info button while on the blank screen, instead of coming up with the info screen for the channel it's supposed to be on, it says Event Info instead. I've also noticed that when it comes up with the blank screen, a message flashes at the bottom of the screen, too quickly to read it. Anybody know what that's about?

The second new problem is that sometimes after watching a recorded program and deleting it from the mini-menu that comes up when I hit stop, when trying to go back to live TV I'll get the screen that I would get if all three tuners were in use, except it says 0 tuners in use and No Program on all of them!

I've had U275 on my single HWS with a Snap since December according to the diagnostics menu, but in the past week or so it's developed several weird issues. First, sometimes when resuming from standby it comes up with a blank screen. If I go to the guide and then back to live TV, it usually fixes it. I just discovered that if I push the Info button while on the blank screen, instead of coming up with the info screen for the channel it's supposed to be on, it says Event Info instead. I've also noticed that when it comes up with the blank screen, a message flashes at the bottom of the screen, too quickly to read it. Anybody know what that's about?

The second new problem is that sometimes after watching a recorded program and deleting it from the mini-menu that comes up when I hit stop, when trying to go back to live TV I'll get the screen that I would get if all three tuners were in use, except it says 0 tuners in use and No Program on all of them!
Whenever I encounter a black screen, I hit guide and every time I see the guide shows Channel 9606. Not sure if it's a tuner issue or what, but manually jumping to a local channel usually fixes it

Whenever I encounter a black screen, I hit guide and every time I see the guide shows Channel 9606. Not sure if it's a tuner issue or what, but manually jumping to a local channel usually fixes it

I did in fact have that happen once, it came up on 9606. Not every time though, usually if I go to the guide it's on the right channel. I've tried pulling the plug, but it didn't help. I'm tempted to remove the Snap and see if anything changes, but it doesn't happen every time so it could be a while before I knew for sure.

I'd just get an H3, but I'm wary of getting into another contract with all the channel disputes lately. Also, I don't particularly care for the new remotes.

The black screen issue I described never happened before I plugged in the two Snaps. Hopefully this issue will get resolved in a future update, but no time soon I think.

After the 725 update I get that blank screen as well, usually when I first turn the HWS on and it seems like the snap speedup has been somewhat eliminated.
Also, the other day I was awakened in the middle of the night by my bedroom TV that turned itself on. The bedroom TV is connected to a Joey 2. When I grabbed the remote (40.0) to turn it off, I noticed the sat button was blinking. So far, this has happened only once.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

I have also had these issues for a while now. I also have the "Tuners in Use" screen pop up every time I channel surf. Sometimes it disappears on its own and other times I have to hit back. Also, I was watching a recording last night and when I hit pause, the visual representation of where I was in the recording showed that the recording was over -it wasn't- and it also said, 50,000 minutes left in the recording! There was also no info about what the recording was.

• Sad
Reactions: harshness
As I had said over in the "tale of the hopper snap" thread it now appears to me that this must be a software issue and not the Snap going bad as I had thought. I didn't read this thread before posting and all the above mentioned problems are just like the ones that I was having. That said, my HWS did freeze again last night when exiting out of a DVR recording. It had been running pretty good for the last couple days after removing the Snap.. Dish needs to get on this and figure out what they screwed up!!
Gerry

As I had said over in the "tale of the hopper snap" thread it now appears to me that this must be a software issue and not the Snap going bad as I had thought. I didn't read this thread before posting and all the above mentioned problems are just like the ones that I was having. That said, my HWS did freeze again last night when exiting out of a DVR recording. It had been running pretty good for the last couple days after removing the Snap.. Dish needs to get on this and figure out what they screwed up!!
Gerry
I'm thinking it's more like a Hard Drive issue. If it was software, we'd be seeing wide-swept cases of it happening and it's just not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)