Update U725

After the 725 update I get that blank screen as well, usually when I first turn the HWS on and it seems like the snap speedup has been somewhat eliminated.
Also, the other day I was awakened in the middle of the night by my bedroom TV that turned itself on. The bedroom TV is connected to a Joey 2. When I grabbed the remote (40.0) to turn it off, I noticed the sat button was blinking. So far, this has happened only once.
o_O

CfznZeNVIAQ2NOS.jpg

I haven't had any blank screens for the past 3 days, but last night I got the available tuners screen again after stopping and deleting a recording. Also, upon exiting that, it spontaneously jumped to channel 103.

Something seems to be making it forget what channel it's on. But what? If it was something in the current software version, why hasn't it been doing it all along since the software came out in December?

I haven't tried pulling the Snap yet, because the problem is inconsistent enough that it could be days before I knew whether it was cured.

I've had U275 on my single HWS with a Snap since December according to the diagnostics menu, but in the past week or so it's developed several weird issues. First, sometimes when resuming from standby it comes up with a blank screen. If I go to the guide and then back to live TV, it usually fixes it. I just discovered that if I push the Info button while on the blank screen, instead of coming up with the info screen for the channel it's supposed to be on, it says Event Info instead. I've also noticed that when it comes up with the blank screen, a message flashes at the bottom of the screen, too quickly to read it. Anybody know what that's about?

The second new problem is that sometimes after watching a recorded program and deleting it from the mini-menu that comes up when I hit stop, when trying to go back to live TV I'll get the screen that I would get if all three tuners were in use, except it says 0 tuners in use and No Program on all of them!
Same here. Mostly see the black screen when I first turn it on. I tinkered around and found if you press "Live TV' twice, it comes on. If you only press it once, screen stays black, but banner at top of screen says "Live TV'", but no program data. Second press seems to work. Been doing this a couple of weeks. Got to be a software issue (my opinion).

Sent from my cheap phone using the SatelliteGuys app!

I haven't had any blank screens for the past 3 days, but last night I got the available tuners screen again after stopping and deleting a recording. Also, upon exiting that, it spontaneously jumped to channel 103.

Something seems to be making it forget what channel it's on. But what? If it was something in the current software version, why hasn't it been doing it all along since the software came out in December?

I haven't tried pulling the Snap yet, because the problem is inconsistent enough that it could be days before I knew whether it was cured.
I've been having the same problems with my HWS

Update U726 just finished installing on one of my HWS. Took about 90 minutes to complete. Currently being installed on second HWS. The guide on the first one now seems slower than it was prior to installing the Snaps. I hope this changes after the second HWS finishes the update. If not I’m pulling both Snaps. What a waste of time and money I’m afraid.... PS . May have spoke to soon, the first HWS seems to be improving while the download continues on the second receiver.

Last edited:
Update U726 just finished installing on one of my HWS. Took about 90 minutes to complete. Currently being installed on second HWS. The guide on the first one now seems slower than it was prior to installing the Snaps. I hope this changes after the second HWS finishes the update. If not I’m pulling both Snaps. What a waste of time and money I’m afraid.... PS . May have spoke to soon, the first HWS seems to be improving while the download continues on the second receiver.
It's about time because something was definitely amis with the U725.

I got U726 on 1 of my HWS...I only noticed, because when I turned the receiver on this AM, first thing I got was a popup saying "your SNAP is installed & working correctly"...huh??? So I immediately hit MENU twice & saw the software upgraded last night...

After the upgrade does anyone have the moca info/logo in the bottom left of the screen? And how do I get rid of it?
Good question. There used to be a setting on the older software version - before the CUI - but now when I go to MOCA details in Settings, it's just has a greyed out drop-down box. On the Hooper 3, I don't have the Moca icon, thankfully, but it should still be available to turn it on or off

Good question. There used to be a setting on the older software version - before the CUI - but now when I go to MOCA details in Settings, it's just has a greyed out drop-down box. On the Hooper 3, I don't have the Moca icon, thankfully, but it should still be available to turn it on or off
So what you're telling me is that we're going to be looking at the Moca bars all the time?:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)