UPDATED - DISH Needs Help from Hopper Users!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TommyF@DISH Network

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Littleton, CO
Hey everyone! Our tech ops team needs your assistance. We have reports that some customers with Hopper or Hopper with Sling are reporting old login information in the Facebook app when they go to log in. We believe this is happening with replacement receivers, but need some receiver numbers to see what they have in common and to confirm our suspicion. If you are experiencing this issue, could you please PM us your receiver number(s) so we can research this better? Thank you.

There is another situation that seems to be regularly happening that our operations team is looking for as well. Can anyone also send us a PM with the receiver # if your Hopper or Hopper w/ Sling show DVR events displaying as '100% watched' on all content, when the content has not been watched? Thanks!

There is another situation that seems to be regularly happening that our operations team is looking for as well. Can anyone also send us a PM with the receiver # if your Hopper or Hopper w/ Sling show DVR events displaying as '100% watched' on all content, when the content has not been watched? Thanks!

FWIW, I had the 100% problem. Only on OTA recordings, I believe. But it did not happen with a recording this morning, and all instances of showing 100% are gone now, probably because we watched or erased them. I have set up another OTA recording to test. My HDD shows 48% full with 372 recordings. I have two HWS & 1 owned Joey and only one HWS has the OTA dongle. I shall probably be buying another one for the other HWS.

I will note that the slide on the right side of the screen is no longer working properly. It barely moves from the top, even when you have scrolled to the bottom of the listing.

Also, the System Wizard does not seem to work for backups, yielding "backup failed." Didn't this feature work previously?

As to FaceBook- I don't FB. My wife does, but sees no point in using the TV for this, as there is no keyboard/pointing device. Too cumbersome, so she's never tried it.

Sent by PM and posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Took out personal information.

PLEASE only sent Tommy a PM and do not post replies here. (This way he can print out his emails as they come in and get them to those working on the issue)

Its a lot harder printing out forum posts. :D

Note that you'll only see the 100% watched if there are multiple recordings of the same program. If there is only one, resume will be the default when the program is selected to play.

I'm seeing this sporadically and not for all content. If sporadically is good enough, I'd be happy to share my info.

Do we have to indicate which event is "wrong" (showing 100% watched when it wasn't) ? Or, can you guys tell ?

I had the 100% watched on a couple of shows during the past week, but no other instances of it. I'm not planning on sending info with such a low instance rate.

I noticed it last night watching an OTA from 1/30. R========05. And there were multiple shows listed. Another quirk (maybe related) - when I watched 1/30 last night, it was on top of the list. Today, it's on the bottom. Any way to choose which way?

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to be working on a lot more than petty bs like this. NOT trying to diminish that this needs fixing too, only pointing out that you need to go to these lengths for more than just trivial crap like this. Things that are CRITICAL issues.

I last week noticed that 2 of the episodes in my Dexter folder were showing 100% watched. I am not sending a P.M.
I did notice yesterday though that on this past Tue, PTAT started on time then stopped and then restarted started 45 mins. later. Killer Woman only recorded for 13 mins.

You need to be working on a lot more than petty bs like this. NOT trying to diminish that this needs fixing too, only pointing out that you need to go to these lengths for more than just trivial crap like this. Things that are CRITICAL issues.

I'm sure they are working on more than just this one issue. Maybe this specific issue is one where they needed more info so they can get to the root cause and add it to the list of things being worked on. Just a thought...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)