updated list of HD Channels that i want on Dish Network

Here is my HD wish list. (suprisely it does noy include MLB Network or Fearnet.

1. MY9 HD (local NY area)
2. ION HD (local NY area)
3. Home Shopping Network HD
4. QVC HD (my mother's favorite shopping channel)
5. TV GUIDE Network HD (would be the first provider to carry it nationwide)
6. WE TV HD (my mother and sister watch it most of the time)
7. ESPNU HD (I know not happening until DISNEY mess is settled if it ever does)
8. FUEL TV HD
9. NASA TV HD (would be the first provider to carry it nationwide)
10. OUTDOOR CHANNEL HD

fearnet is the only channel i want, well maybe lawn care 101 hd hahahaha

Just to piggy back on your comment here, I'm sick and tired of HBO charging up the tail pipe for "7 channels". Dish charges more for HBO than any other premium service (adult excluded) for 7 channels.
Not really. $16 for HBO is pretty much standard across the board (Dish, Directv, U-verse) with some cable areas charging even more.

Not really. $16 for HBO is pretty much standard across the board (Dish, Directv, U-verse) with some cable areas charging even more.

When I re-read my statement, I think I wasn't clear. I'm not saying it's overpriced. I'm saying that it costs more than Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz. All of those services offer more channels for less cost, and they don't have channels dedicated to the same program line-up as the flagship channel, just in Spanish. I'm saying don't charge more, claiming to to have "7 channels" when you actually have 6 with a Spanish speaking repeat. A channel that is completely useless to your English speaking viewers. Then I went on a rant. Hope that helps clarify my point.

When I re-read my statement, I think I wasn't clear. I'm not saying it's overpriced. I'm saying that it costs more than Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz. All of those services offer more channels for less cost, and they don't have channels dedicated to the same program line-up as the flagship channel, just in Spanish. I'm saying don't charge more, claiming to to have "7 channels" when you actually have 6 with a Spanish speaking repeat. A channel that is completely useless to your English speaking viewers. Then I went on a rant. Hope that helps clarify my point.
OK, now I can happily agree with you:)

I am betting you didn't mean it this way, but that is quite a slight to the thousands of Spanish speaking people who probably are grateful for that programming.

Second, in my opinion you are comparing apples to the best apples. There is a huge difference between HBO and the others. They have multiple, yearly, award winning series and shows. And it covers everything from comedy to sports, to documentaries. There are many that feel HBO is the best cable enterprise of all. Showtime tries, has had a few good original programs, but pales in comparison to HBO.

I am betting you didn't mean it this way, but that is quite a slight to the thousands of Spanish speaking people who probably are grateful for that programming.

Second, in my opinion you are comparing apples to the best apples. There is a huge difference between HBO and the others. They have multiple, yearly, award winning series and shows. And it covers everything from comedy to sports, to documentaries. There are many that feel HBO is the best cable enterprise of all. Showtime tries, has had a few good original programs, but pales in comparison to HBO.

Let me address this in a few points:

1.) You are right that I didn't mean it as a slight toward Spanish speaking viewers; however, how about the slight HBO is making toward English speaking viewers by charging them a few cents to a few bucks for the 7th channel (HBO Latino) that they aren't even using. HBO Latino is usually HBO with the SAP button, there are some small changes to the line-up. I came up with options in my OP that I thought was fair. One being that HBO charges for it's 6 English channels and makes HBO Latino A La Carte for the Spanish speaking viewers. That still leaves HBO with 6 channels at 16 bucks and Cinemax (which has the same movies) at 8 (4 on Dish) for 13 bucks.

2.) I was an HBO sub back in my Comcast days for years. I agree with you over the series on HBO. Luckly, I was switching to Dish and dropping HBO when the Sopranos was ending. However, I'm looking at the amount of options. Take Showtime, as you mentioned (I never subbed to Showtime): On most providers you get 6 or 7 Showtime channels, 2 channels from The Movie Channel, Flix, and Sundance. Take Cinemax: On most providers 8 channels. Take Starz: On most providers 6 channels and Encore. All cost less, only west coast repeats, which I didn't include.

English speaking subs are in my opinion geting ripped off for HBO Latino. Quite frankly I couldn't care less if any Spanish speaking Americans don't like my comment. The Politically Correct America of today automatically deems that asking Latinos to learn English is a slight to them. If that's so, where's HBO L'Italiano, HBO French, HBO Japanese, better yet HBO in American Sign Language (I know about closed caption, but isn't HBO Latino just HBO with the SAP button), and so on. It's all or none, in my opinion. It's not a slight to Spanish speaking people to ask them to learn the language of the country that they just moved to, a language that isn't offical, but all offical documents and legal rulings, and the economy was built on. It's actually a slight to demand those who have become acustomed to the prefered language of the country to be told to change for a group that just arrived. We didn't go them, they came to us. And I welcome them into this melting pot, but if you want to come to my backyard, you need to play by my rules. I close off the following again, Germans, Italians, Chinese, Cambodians, French, Russians, Japanese, Isrealies, Palestinians, Koreans, and so on have all come to this country, brought their cultures to our melting pot and made America better, but they all (including my immigrant grandparents from Italy) have all learned English. What makes Spanish speaking Americans so special?

Sorry bluegrass, because your this list of your's has been shot to hell by my rants and others' replies.

Fox Soccer Plus in HD would be nice. When Dish and Disney kiss and make up, ESPN Deportes HD would be very nice.
The Fat Man said:
English speaking subs are in my opinion geting ripped off for HBO Latino.
"Ripped off"? That seems like a bit of hyperbole.
What makes Spanish speaking Americans so special?
Good question. Most first generation kids in Spanish families do speak English, so I'm not sure why Hispanics are split out by some as some sort of exception to the rule. They aren't. And Galavision HD has some seriously good HD quality futbol on it.

English speaking subs are in my opinion geting ripped off for HBO Latino. Quite frankly I couldn't care less if any Spanish speaking Americans don't like my comment. The Politically Correct America of today automatically deems that asking Latinos to learn English is a slight to them. If that's so, where's HBO L'Italiano, HBO French, HBO Japanese, better yet HBO in American Sign Language (I know about closed caption, but isn't HBO Latino just HBO with the SAP button), and so on. It's all or none, in my opinion. It's not a slight to Spanish speaking people to ask them to learn the language of the country that they just moved to, a language that isn't offical, but all offical documents and legal rulings, and the economy was built on. It's actually a slight to demand those who have become acustomed to the prefered language of the country to be told to change for a group that just arrived. We didn't go them, they came to us. And I welcome them into this melting pot, but if you want to come to my backyard, you need to play by my rules. I close off the following again, Germans, Italians, Chinese, Cambodians, French, Russians, Japanese, Isrealies, Palestinians, Koreans, and so on have all come to this country, brought their cultures to our melting pot and made America better, but they all (including my immigrant grandparents from Italy) have all learned English. What makes Spanish speaking Americans so special?

Sorry bluegrass, because your this list of your's has been shot to hell by my rants and others' replies.
Free Market. Time Warner/HBO has determined that offering a Spanish speaking HBO is profitable. If you don't like it, speak with your wallet. If feel ripped off and slighted because of HBO Latino, then consider yourself blessed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)