UPDATED - New Dish Pricing Info!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are not changing the prices of any of their packages other than the everything pak. That package is dropping $2.99 to $99.99. They are upping the leased tuner amount from 4 to 6. They are also having 1 DVR fee for the house which will be $6.

They are not changing the prices of any of their packages other than the everything pak.
Is this new information contrary to Scott's OP? (Recall that package prices include locals, so in effect they all got a $5 reduction.)

Is this new information contrary to Scott's OP? (Recall that package prices include locals, so in effect they all got a $5 reduction.)

I think the $5 reduction was from packages that included the "with DVR". They reduced those packages by $5 and then added the $6 whole house DVR fee.

I think the $5 reduction was from packages that included the "with DVR". They reduced those packages by $5 and then added the $6 whole house DVR fee.
You appear to be correct and I apologize for my confusion. The Dish website now seems to include locals with their so-called "Classic" packages at the prices Scott posted in this thread (post#1) for February. The "with DVR/locals bundle" which appears in the navigation panel on the left on Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.888.825.2557 does not actually include the locals any more since they're already bundled with the Classic packages. Is this misleading nomenclature or what? :rolleyes:

Well now this is getting curiouser and curiouser. I have a tab up here regarding Classic Gold 250 which is no longer reachable via the root page above. Now I only get this page which has no such link to the "DVR/locals bundle". Of course the DVR/locals bundle is going away Feb 1. Are they changing the website as we speak?

Bob and the rest, I got a reply from the CEO email today.

Dear Mr. Angiodan –

At this time, the details of upcoming price-changes are being finalized, and I am unable to discuss them with you. I would not be able to verify what your prices will be or if they will increase.

I will be happy to go over your concerns after any changes are put in place.

Thank you,

Gina
Executive Communications Team

DISH Network, LLC

So, has this thread actually had some impact on head office? Not finalized prices and can't discuss them with me, yet some customers have already recieved notices about increases?

Or, are they pissing on my leg, and telling me it's raining.

Last edited:
I had to just email CEO about a missing credit on my account and threw in my question about the lease receiver fees.

I'll post my answer when I get one.

Maybe they are feeling the heat and this really is a trial balloon to gauge how many complaints to expect....

Bob and the rest, I got a reply from the CEO email today.

Dear Mr. Angiodan –

At this time, the details of upcoming price-changes are being finalized, and I am unable to discuss them with you. I would not be able to verify what your prices will be or if they will increase.

I will be happy to go over your concerns after any changes are put in place.

Thank you,

Gina

Executive Communications Team

DISH Network, LLC

So, has this thread actually had some impact on head office? Not finalized prices and can't discuss them with me, yet some customers have already recieved notices about increases?

Or, are they pissing on my leg, and telling me it's raining.

You should delete her email and phone number as a courtesy to her.

I live in Merida Mexico. Can I receive Dish Network coverage here in English, just like I were living in the States? I wouldn't mind a few Mexican channels, like those that are available to American viewers as it would help improve my Spanish.

Any help with this question, along with information about required antenna size and cost for the basic package would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Btw I found the current Dish Contract on Dish web page http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/legal/DHA_Agreement.pdf

Notice this part:

Unreturned Equipment Charges: The satellite receiver(s), smart card(s), remote control(s), and LNBFs provided to you under this Agreement are leased and remain the property of DISH Network at all times. You agree that you will return all such equipment in accordance with the “Equipment Return” section below within 30 days following downgrade or disconnection of service, and if you do not, DISH Network will charge the following “Unreturned Equipment Charges” to your Qualifying Card, as applicable: outdoor LNBF, $50; standard-definition (SD) non-DVR receiver (322), $100; high-definition (HD) non- DVR receiver (411, ViP® 211, ViP 222, ViP 222k), $200; SD or HD DVR receiver (522, 625, ViP 612, ViP 622, ViP 722, ViP 722k), $300; and ViP 922 receiver, $400. If your account is involuntarily deactivated for failure to pay your bill or otherwise, DISH Network will charge the applicable Unreturned Equipment Charge(s) to your Qualifying Card within 72 hours following deactivation. If you return such equipment in accordance with this Agreement, such Unreturned Equipment Charge(s) will be refunded upon DISH Network’s receipt of the applicable equipment.

So even in the new Dish contract refers to equipment as "Leased Equipment" and I think people really need to grasp the concept that if you lease something they can not change your price while you are under contract. Notice even from the new contract what they have a right to change prices on:

***WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE PRICES, PACKAGES AND PROGRAMMING AT ANY TIME, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DURING ANY TERM AGREEMENT PERIOD TO WHICH YOU HAVE AGREED.

The leased receivers are not packages or programing neither is the DVR fee. Packages and programing means channel line up and what channels are included in what packages but that still does not give Dish the right to change equipment lease fee or change DVR fee as those are not packages or programing without them breaching their own contract which would require them to let you out of your contract without having to pay any ETF as they unilaterally changed the contract.

That still has nothing to do with the fact many people on this board are discouraging people from complaining to their AG offices and defending Dish actions even if they are wrong and possible in breach of contract or local laws.
I don't see anyone on this Forum discouraging people from complaining or defending this particular Dish action.

I don't see anyone on this Forum discouraging people from complaining or defending this particular Dish action.

look back, some posters said why bother it probably wouldnt help.

I think we have been USED FOR RESEARCH.

Beancounter said hey it will be great, more profits package prices stay the same or go down a little, locals mandated for everyone, one DVR fee.

We will just increase the receiver fees dramatically, subs are so addicted to DVRs, they wouldnt complain, well they may complain but they wouldnt cancel.

and more leased tuners for existing subs. $$$ Profits.

Well if it stands I am gone...... my decision MADE.

How many more will cancel too? they are probably watching the 2 states they had to notify..

but so many dont watch their bills closely

bet the CEO reps are reading this as soon as I post it

If dolmar was considering me part of that group, that was in error. I am in no way defending Dish's actions nor am I trying to discourage people from complaining (to Dish, to their AG, to whomever will listen). My argument is that too many people are putting the cart before the horse. Once again, as Dish has repeatedly stated, this rate change is still not final. Don't get irate at CEO because they won't respond to your demands to know what your rates will be after the change - THEY DON'T YET EXIST! Don't expect the AG to sue Dish over a breach of contract they might be considering.

Yes, by all means let Dish know we don't approve of the type of changes being discussed, whether they are actually being considered, tested with a trial balloon or just a red herring to throw off the competition. Yes, make threats to Dish that you will abandon your service if the rates go through (though Dish knows most who threaten are just bluffing and will never follow through). Yes, put your AG on notice that Dish may be contemplating an action that might be a breach of contact. BUT don't get upset when Dish, your AG, etc will not respond to your allegations because at this point, unless you are actually seeing changes on your bill, they are nothing more than rumor and hearsay. You can't charge someone with a crime because they are "thinking" about committing one.

How many more will cancel too?

If these changes come true, I personally plan to cancel in Aug when I no longer have an ETF and the credit issued to my account expire.

Trust me I normally had 2-5 dish club credit on my account per month as I referred 14 people to dish from the time I signed up till Dec which was my last referral. I won't be referring anyone to Dish till I find out what the prices are because I no longer think Dish will be cheaper or a better value than alternatives like TWC or U-Verse or Fios in my area.

I signed up for U-Verse internet yesterday going to be installed tomorrow and this is my first move towards possible canceling Dish. I switched from ATT DSL to U-Verse internet because for 6 months I will be getting 18/1.5mbs internet connection for $10 per month less than I am paying for 6000/608 and after 6 months the price difference will be $15 more per month at which time I will downgrade to 12mbs service which will be $5 more per month than current DSL. Nice thing about U-Verse is they give you $50-150 per referral depending on how many of the 3 services the person signs up for and ATT has no limit to number of referral you can earn a year. So if I am able to refer as many people to ATT as I was able to refer to Dish my service should end up being free always as U-Verse TV/Internet for me should run about $110 per month and U-Verse normally has promo for TV giving as much as $400 just for trying U-Verse TV.

look back, some posters said why bother it probably wouldnt help.

If the rate changes go through as most seem to expect, these posters will have been proven correct.

I think we have been USED FOR RESEARCH.

Probably. You don't think all of Scott's tips are free, do you? ;)

Beancounter said hey it will be great, more profits package prices stay the same or go down a little, locals mandated for everyone, one DVR fee.

That is another perspective.

We will just increase the receiver fees dramatically, subs are so addicted to DVRs, they wouldnt complain, well they may complain but they wouldnt cancel.

As sad as it is, that is probably an entirely accurate statement. Considering what one would pay for similar services on many cable systems, most will find they will be paying about the same so they will grumble, but put up with it. Sure there will be some churn but most will just suck it up and keep the status quo.

and more leased tuners for existing subs. $$$ Profits.

Yes, and it will probably more than make up for the handful of subscribers that dump Dish.

Well if it stands I am gone...... my decision MADE.

I truly hope it works out for you (no sarcasm intended). I wish I had other realistic options.

How many more will cancel too? they are probably watching the 2 states they had to notify..

but so many dont watch their bills closely

Dish is most likely counting on that.

bet the CEO reps are reading this as soon as I post it

Probably :D

The tv programming market is going to price themselves right out of business. They are trying to make as much as they possibly can just like everybody else. The thing is, those that raise prices on food and fuel can get away with it because food and fuel is not a luxery. Television is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts