Updates?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
This is an official / unofficial release. Official so that people who get a 4K Joey will need to upgrade their Hopper With Sling to the Carbon UI for their 4K Joeys to work correctly.

However its not officially released so that its going to everyone with a Hopper with Sling right now.

This is why we have the Public Beta, as the DISH / Echostar folks are looking at your feedback on the new UI and they can make changes, adjustments & improvements before rolling it out to everyone.

Thats why we want people to leave their feedback in the Public Testing forum on the new UI, as you guys have an opportunity to give that valuable feedback. :D

This is an official / unofficial release. Official so that people who get a 4K Joey will need to upgrade their Hopper With Sling to the Carbon UI for their 4K Joeys to work correctly.

However its not officially released so that its going to everyone with a Hopper with Sling right now.

This is why we have the Public Beta, as the DISH / Echostar folks are looking at your feedback on the new UI and they can make changes, adjustments & improvements before rolling it out to everyone.

Thats why we want people to leave their feedback in the Public Testing forum on the new UI, as you guys have an opportunity to give that valuable feedback. :D
Thanks Scott

Question - with the old software you had the ability to do the trick to get the latest beta software update (force it to check it).

I did that and updated my hopper 2 to the new carbon UI. I am on u203.

Now, is there a way to force check for the latest version of the beta software? I heard u204 was out and was wanting to see if there was another button trick somewhere to force the update check on the new cui?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question - with the old software you had the ability to do the trick to get the latest beta software update (force it to check it).

I did that and updated my hopper 2 to the new carbon UI. I am on u203.

Now, is there a way to force check for the latest version of the beta software? I heard u204 was out and was wanting to see if there was another button trick somewhere to force the update check on the new cui?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm guessing this would update automatically.
Because you are going to get any update that occurs anyway.
Since you already have software with the new user interface.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned U204 as being next but no one has it. Well, some that test s/w for Dish may... Those people have the software pushed to them by Dish. This situation where users could force or pull the update like recently was very much an exception.

If there really is a U204 update out there, it should not take long for everyone "testing" to get it. There can't be that many doing so. But then again, there might have been problems with it and it was pulled.

Rolling out new versions can be done to all receivers (almost) all at once or can be rolled out over a month. Or, a version can never get released to the masses. A new one can take it's place and the cycle starts over.

Reactions: xfoneguy
I do not see U201 or any of the others on my receiver information. Also besides the guide lookimg different does any of the other menus look different with different features added?

Everything looks different. It's by no means just a different looking guide.

You won't see any reference to "Uxxx" software if you're on the old software (S529).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)