Updates?

It's definitely "available" for the HWS now - I was able to force the download last week - I think I've resolved most if not all of the original issues (with the exception of not being able to see my H2K.) My Joey 1.0 picked up the new UI too, and it can see and use both Hoppers just fine. I do hope to get the H3 but I'm out of contract, recently retired and don't want to (actually can't) spend the $150+10 that Dish has quoted me.

Last edited:
But that is all Beta software, If it doesn't function properly for what ever reason they may not ever release this to the general public.

And what customer that doesn't work for Dish has a Hopper 2 with Sling actually has a 4K Joey installed ?

Who says that Dish won't require a H3 for an Upgrade to 4K?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

But that is all Beta software, If it doesn't function properly for what ever reason they may not ever release this to the generation public.

And what customer that doesn't work for Dish has a Hopper 2 with Sling actually has a 4K Joey installed .

Who says that Dish won't require a H3?

The beta software started with a different version #. The H3 has Uxxx the release for the HWS is U203 a release version. It was also stated at CES that you would have to have a HWS or H3 to get a 4K Joey.

This is true. My parents just got a 4K tv and are going to be adding a 4K joey. I will let you know what happens as they have a HWS
What's going to happen if what you said is True the only way to get the New UI is if you have a 4K Joey installed in a HWS.

Otherwise they are not going to just Update accounts that have a H2K and HWS to the New UI.
People are going to lose their whole home if that's the case.
So then what, Is Dish going to send us guys another HWS?

I wonder if they will just give her a H3.

Dumb question of the day: I also forced the CUI onto my HWS a few days ago. There are some apparent bugs that I've encountered (and posted them on the bug thread). My dumb question is what happens to those of us who have downloaded the U203 CUI? With its beta bugs, will they eventually be straightened out by Dish through subsequent versions when the CUI is released to the public? Or will we be stuck with our flawed beta versions through eternity?

Reactions: charlesrshell
A number of us did the manual update and got U202 software version. A day later, it was updated (automatically) to U203. I don't think there's any need to worry about it not getting updated.

Also, read my post # 11 above. IMO, this isn't "beta" software at all. Does it have bugs ? Sure it does, but so did the S529 "official" or "release" software that your Hopper had before you manually updated.

I hope they push the official version "soon". I'm one of the lucky ones where the HWS got the new interface but my SJ didn't. Not that it's a big deal since everything still works it's just weird to have one interface on my HWS and regular Joey and a different one on my SJ.

What's going to happen if what you said is True the only way to get the New UI is if you have a 4K Joey installed in a HWS.

Otherwise they are not going to just Update accounts that have a H2K and HWS to the New UI.
People are going to lose their whole home if that's the case.
So then what, Is Dish going to send us guys another HWS?

I wonder if they will just give her a H3.

I'm pretty sure they are updating HWS accounts to Carbon. H2 I can't say, but they haven't been working on Carbon over a year just to put it on H3.

As recently as fall of last year, in an interview with Vivek, he indicated it's coming to "the Hopper family". They are also adding it to a non-Hopper receiver, one of the 211 (x / z / ??) and renaming it Wally.

If this is the "official" release I hope they get some of the performance bugs worked out of it in future releases. Paging through the guide is pretty slow on my HWS. To be honest I'm a little disappointed. Yes I like the look of the new UI but for as many months as they've pushed this release off I expected it to be much more polished then it is. Still feels like beta software to me.

If this is the "official" release I hope they get some of the performance bugs worked out of it in future releases. Paging through the guide is pretty slow on my HWS. To be honest I'm a little disappointed. Yes I like the look of the new UI but for as many months as they've pushed this release off I expected it to be much more polished then it is. Still feels like beta software to me.
Completely agree. I was total disappointed and was glad that I got "auto-reverted" to S529. But then have been having major problems since S529. OR could be that I drank of the forbidden cup? Then had a beer.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)