Updating remote code DB on 311

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

peregrinef6

Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Upstate NY
I've had a 311 tuner for years and used its IR blaster to run my old Magnavox VCR. I recently replaced that with a Toshiba DVR620 DVD/VCR recorder, and I can't get the tuner to talk to it.

I've done scans until my thumb is tired, downloaded the latest list of device codes from the Dish Network web site and manually entered them. That turned up a number of new codes that get me a "not in the database" message on my TV screen. Maybe one of the new codes would work, but if it's not in the database I'll never know.

When I asked Dish if they updated the database as they do the software they said "no." Is there a solution, or am I stuck?

I think, you will generally find the remotes do not have codes for combination player/recorders. That means DVD+VCR or even stand-alone, off-brand (non-name brand) DVDs and VCRs. Even name-brand VCRs and DVDs that are very recent, relative to the remote, will not be the list of the remote.
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)