Upgrade Advice - 722k to Hopper

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My installation is today. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks for all the tips. Hope I made the right choice.

Anything I need to look out for during the install (other than making sure it’s a H3) let me know.

So my installation is complete and so far I'm liking it. It took 2 hours for the H3 to download the software and connect to the Joeys.

A few points of feedback:
1. The OnDemand selection is rather limited. I was expected more. A neighbor has AlticeOne and they have access to much better OnDemand programming.
2. The user interface is alot better than the 722k that I had.
3. I am unable to access my EHD but am still trying to figure out why that is. The tech had plugged it in before he left and the screen said it would take 40 minutes but then the H3 just rebooted.
4. I was expected to see an enhancement in picture quality but its pretty much the same as my old 722k. If I watch Netflix via Chromecast it is much clearer than via DIsh. I was expecting the quality to be at par.
5. Signal has dropped twice over the past day already so I'm a little nervous about that. I checked the signal strength and its ranging 50-56. On the 722k, I was above 70 most of the time. I don't want to mess around with anything yet since it is so new but is there anything I can do to boost the strength?
6. Still getting accustomed to the DishAnywhere app but it seems laggy.

Give the EHD 2 or 3 days before you try again, the Hopper has a lot of house keeping to do with each night's reboot and downloads.

So my installation is complete and so far I'm liking it. It took 2 hours for the H3 to download the software and connect to the Joeys.

A few points of feedback:
1. The OnDemand selection is rather limited. I was expected more. A neighbor has AlticeOne and they have access to much better OnDemand programming.
2. The user interface is alot better than the 722k that I had.
3. I am unable to access my EHD but am still trying to figure out why that is. The tech had plugged it in before he left and the screen said it would take 40 minutes but then the H3 just rebooted.
4. I was expected to see an enhancement in picture quality but its pretty much the same as my old 722k. If I watch Netflix via Chromecast it is much clearer than via DIsh. I was expecting the quality to be at par.
5. Signal has dropped twice over the past day already so I'm a little nervous about that. I checked the signal strength and its ranging 50-56. On the 722k, I was above 70 most of the time. I don't want to mess around with anything yet since it is so new but is there anything I can do to boost the strength?
6. Still getting accustomed to the DishAnywhere app but it seems laggy.
On Demand has over 14,000 titles but it takes a little time for it to populate, as for your signal, what arc are you on and which Sats/Transponders did you take readings from?

You're right, I see the OnDemand catalog starting to fill up. Certainly more than I saw when I checked yesterday and it also mentions where shows are available on Netflix. I'll have to keep checking. Looks like my H3 is still getting up to date.

I'm not sure what Arc I am on. In NJ so I assume the Eastern Arc? In the 722k, I used to go to Point My Dish from the settings menu. In the H3, I went to the diagnostics app from the setttings menu and see Satellites 72, 61.5, and 118 connected. Signal strength was 59 today. I'm still playing around with the menus so not exactly sure if I need to do anything else. I also tried changing tuners, which temporary stops the signal and then it reconnects.

A few other things I noticed today:
- No Youtube on the Joeys - Why?
- Netflix has a sound delay on the Joeys. It's very slight but the actor's mouths move before the sound kicks in. It works fine on the H3.

I also forgot to mention that my H3 is refurbished. It came in plastic wrap and has clearly been dropped since it is dinged up. But seems to be working fine. The Joeys were brand new out of the box.

Reactions: pattykay
You're right, I see the OnDemand catalog starting to fill up. Certainly more than I saw when I checked yesterday and it also mentions where shows are available on Netflix. I'll have to keep checking. Looks like my H3 is still getting up to date.

I'm not sure what Arc I am on. In NJ so I assume the Eastern Arc? In the 722k, I used to go to Point My Dish from the settings menu. In the H3, I went to the diagnostics app from the setttings menu and see Satellites 72, 61.5, and 118 connected. Signal strength was 59 today. I'm still playing around with the menus so not exactly sure if I need to do anything else. I also tried changing tuners, which temporary stops the signal and then it reconnects.

- Netflix has a sound delay on the Joeys. It's very slight but the actor's mouths move before the sound kicks in. It works fine on the H3.

I also forgot to mention that my H3 is refurbished. It came in plastic wrap and has clearly been dropped since it is dinged up. But seems to be working fine. The Joeys were brand new out of the box.
DISH owns the HOPPER & Joey you are only leasing it from them so don't worry about NEW or refurbished.

Netflix on the Joeys is a long standing software issue that I read is starting to show up on the Hoppers, too, as is YouTube and OnDemand, apparently. Once upon a time there was no Netflix on the Joeys, only on the Hoppers, so there's hope that someday, they may add YouTube to the Joeys, also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)