Upgrade from 722k to 922 Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I am thinking of going from the 722k to the 922 (for the better guide and adding sling to watch from my android). 3 Questions:

Will a tech be required? Or does the 922 setup the same way as the 722k? My configuration is TV2 outputted to by BR TV, TV1 is HDMI of course.

I have an external hard drive on my 722k. Can I archive recordings then transfer to the 922 when I get it? I am not sure how this wouldn't work if I can dish to have both activated on the same account.

Can I transfer timers from the 722k remote to the 922?

I have been trying to search around for some of these answers, thanks in advance!

1. Yes a tech will have to come out and do the swap.
2. Yes you can archive your 722 stuff then transfer it to the 922.
3. Not sure on this one but I think no because the 922 uses a newer type of remote.

Awesome thanks, I have read where folks have talked them out of having a Tech come out, but I was unsure if the wiring is different from a 722k to a 922, seems like it would just be a matter of disconnecting the old to the new.

No big deal on the remote, I can always write my timers down and load them manually I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)