Status
Please reply by conversation.

RickFox

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2009
texas
Greetings,

I currently have one DirecTV HD and one SD receiver. My 2-year contract is up with DirecTV at the end of January.

I am trying to understand my options for adding a 2nd HD receiver to replace the SD. As I understand it, I can pay an additional $100 to get a 2nd HD receiver if I re-up for another 2 years.

Or, I can go to Dish, get 2 HD receivers with no cash outlay.

When I tried to discuss this issue with DirecTV, they essentially told me to enjoy Dish Network. Their don't give a hoot attitude seems to have been their standard attitude for the last 2 years when it comes to CS.

What other options do I have?

what i did

my contract isn't up for a year or so and i called and they gave me a second hd receiver for 49 bucks she was very nice about it...call back and get a better crs

Definitely try CSR roulette; "Enjoy Dish" is a LOL statement against either their attitude or yours. Unless you just received some major perk (which it sounds like it had to be two years ago) you can't be serious at $100 & a new commitment. The only other thing would be if they're used to seeing you switch between all the providers & have figured out that they can't make any money off of you with what you subscribe to.

From my experience, the best customers that they covet are the ones who always pay on time, subscribe to something above basic (maybe even a premium sports package) & have maintained their DirecTV service for many years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)