Upgrade Payment Issue

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

snailbiscuit

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2006
kentucky
On tuesday I went to the directv website and tried to upgrade my equipment to HD. When I clicked submit order instead of being sent to a screen to select an installation time, it took me back to the checkout page and said: "Sorry, we are having trouble processing your payment, please check your information and try again." Before I did that I called my bank and sure enough the payment had already been held from my account. So I called directv and they told me the order didn't go through on their end and suggested I give it some more time and call back the next day. When I called back I was told the same thing that their system wasn't showing an order placed from my account. So they suggested I call the bank. When I called the bank they checked and said the payment was definately held out for directv on tuesday. So I called directv back again today and once again was told that their system wasn't showning an order. The CSR then put me on hold but I was cut off before she came back. I payed my monthly bill online tuesday just before I tried to place the order and it went straight through with no problem and was immediately posted to my directv account. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be, or have you heard of anything like this before? Thanks for any info you can give!

Just a guess from my retail expereince, after clicking the order button it saught authorizion on your debit card - so you bank is holding the funds.

The order didn't succecced, so it won't exist, and you will never be charged.

That doesn't change the fact that your bank will hold those funds. They can hold them 3-30 days, up to your bank. It is one of the disadvantages to debit cards.

Keep an eye on it, hopefully it will expire and just put the money back.

I hope it expires soon because I only have a 30 day exchange policy for my new hdtv and would like to be able to exchange it for a different model if I'm not satisfied with the picture. All I have now is SD so the tv could be messed up and I wouldn't even know it because sd programming on an hdtv is a toss up. Thanks for taking the time to respond Jason!

I hope it expires soon because I only have a 30 day exchange policy for my new hdtv and would like to be able to exchange it for a different model if I'm not satisfied with the picture. All I have now is SD so the tv could be messed up and I wouldn't even know it because sd programming on an hdtv is a toss up. Thanks for taking the time to respond Jason!

Have you tried hooking up a pair of rabbit ears to your new TV and check out your locals in HD, you should be able to get them to work I would think.

Jimbo

Have you tried hooking up a pair of rabbit ears to your new TV and check out your locals in HD, you should be able to get them to work I would think.

Jimbo

I have tried rabbit ears where I live before and I can't pick up anything.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts