Upgrade Programming Ideas from Welcome Pack

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
Currently have welcome pack a 722 and a 322. Would like to drop the 322 and protection plan for more programming. I would like to add some more spanish language channels any Ideas? Maybe Dish Family and Latino Bonus Pack? I would really not like to pay any more than the price I am currently paying.

Any possibility for the Hopper? Have one main tv, 2 others in separate rooms.
Out of contract for about 2 years now.

Last edited:
Currently have welcome pack a 722 and a 322. Would like to drop the 322 and protection plan for more programming. I would like to add some more spanish language channels any Ideas? Maybe Dish Family and Latino Bonus Pack? I would really not like to pay any more than the price I am currently paying.

DISH LATINO
DishLATINO Básico $22.99/mo.
DishLATINO Clásico $32.99/mo.
DishLATINO Plus $37.99/mo. [I believe HD for Life promo was put on this package recently.]
DishLATINO Dos $44.99/mo. [eligible for HD for Life]
DishLATINO Max $57.99/mo. [eligible for HD for Life]
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/channel-lineup/ChannelCardDishLatino1.pdf
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/channel-lineup/ChannelCardDishLatino2.pdf

Last edited:
Any possibility for the Hopper? Have one main tv, 2 others in separate rooms.
Out of contract for about 2 years now.

I think Dish Latino Dos (reg. $44.99/mo and eligible for HD Free for Life) or America's Top 200 (reg. $59.99/mo and eligible for HD for Life) is required for a possible free Hopper if I recall the first information released correctly. Of course, I am sure there are probably some restrictions. I would get with a DIRT member to confirm.

Last edited:
Maybe Dish Family and Latino Bonus Pack?

It does not look like you can do Dish Family and Latino Bonus Pack via the Dish Pricing Calculator.

In addition, America's Top 120 (regular $44.99/mo.) would let you do so. However, $44.99 + $15.00 = $59.99.

I believe all of those channels in the Dish Latino Bonus Pack are in all the Dish Latino Packs. Also, for the price of America's Top 120 ($44.99), I would recommend Dish Latino Dos ($44.99) without the extra $15 fee.

Currently have welcome pack

Which Welcome Pack do you have? English or Spanish? I believe that the Spanish Welcome Pack is no longer available. Therefore, you may be grandfathered in if you have it unless Dish brought it back. Just a not of caution if you have the Spanish Welcome Pack before making any changes...

What You Have:

$14.99-Welcome Pack (assuming you have the English one)
$14.00-322
$ 6.00-722 DVR fee
$ 6.00-Portection Plan

TOTAL $40.99 + tax

What You Want:

-To Change Programming for more Spanish Channels
-To Drop 322 and Protection Plan
-Really not to pay more than what you are already paying

$0.00-722 Primary Rec'r
$6.00-722 DVR fee will stay

DishLATINO Básico $22.99/mo. + $6.00 = $28.99/mo + tax (-$12/mo)
DishLATINO Clásico $32.99/mo. + $6.00 = $38.99/mo + tax (-$2/mo) [Sirius XM was put on this package recently]
DishLATINO Plus $37.99/mo. [I believe HD for Life promo and Sirius XM was put on this package recently.] + $6.00 = $43.99/mo + tax (+$3/mo)
DishLATINO Dos $44.99/mo. [eligible for HD for Life] + $6.00 = $50.99/mo + tax (+$10/mo)
DishLATINO Max $57.99/mo. [eligible for HD for Life] + $6.00 = $63.99/mo + tax (+$23/mo)

So, DishLATINO Básico and Clásico would generate some savings. DishLATINO Plus would be $3 more a month, but you could get HD with the HD Free for Life promo and a few more English channels. DishLATINO Dos and DishLATINO Max are above what you want to pay at respectively $10 and $23 more a month and have more English channels.

Let us know what you decide to do and if you need any more help. Best of luck to you! I hope this helps. :) I was a little scatterbrained and thought of more things along the way.

Last edited:
He can have Family Pack and Latino Bonus, I have done that before... just moved to Latino 2 for the HD, but that is possible.

Thanks for letting us know that option is available.
Family Pack = $24.99
Latino Bonus = $15.00
DVR = $6.00
TOTAL = $45.99 (+$5/month)

Here is a link to see what channels are in the Dish Family package: http://www.mydish.com/support/channels/packagedishfamily.aspx (Tip: click on "Channel" for the list to appear in number order from lowest to greatest.)

Therefore, Family falls in here:
DishLATINO Básico $22.99/mo. + $6.00 = $28.99/mo + tax (-$12/mo)
DishLATINO Clásico $32.99/mo. + $6.00 = $38.99/mo + tax (-$2/mo) [Sirius XM was put on this package recently]
DishLATINO Plus $37.99/mo. [I believe HD for Life promo and Sirius XM was put on this package recently.] + $6.00 = $43.99/mo + tax (+$3/mo)
Dish Family (see above for pricing info.) $45.99/mo + tax (+$5/mo)
DishLATINO Dos $44.99/mo. [eligible for HD for Life] + $6.00 = $50.99/mo + tax (+$10/mo)
DishLATINO Max $57.99/mo. [eligible for HD for Life] + $6.00 = $63.99/mo + tax (+$23/mo)

Another thing to take into consideration is that programming differs in these packages. Therefore, look carefully at the options available. I do like that Dish has many options, though. Dish America is another option available. $34.99 + $15.00 Latino Bonus Pack + $ 6.00 DVR fee = $55.99/mo (+$15/mo). (Dish America Silver is $49.99/mo, and Dish America Gold is $59.99/mo.) However, I do find this one pricey (unless you really like all the channels in this package). Here is a Dish America channel lineup card if needed: http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/DISHamericaChannelGuide.pdf

Last edited:
Thank you so much Mojo Jojo for all of your time. I will compare the options. For now looks like may be DishLATINO Plus.

Any possibility of getting the Hopper, looks like a cool option. If possible of course. One more thing do they include locals?

Thank you so much Mojo Jojo for all of your time. I will compare the options. For now looks like may be DishLATINO Plus.

Any possibility of getting the Hopper, looks like a cool option. If possible of course. One more thing do they include locals?

While it has many Spanish channels, Plus includes the following English (or bilingual) channels: AMC, Boomerang, Cartoon Network (East), Cartoon Network (West), Si TV, Syfy, TBS, USA, WE: Women's Entertainment, Weather Channel, mun2, Disney XD, Tr3s, Public Interest channels, Sirius XM, Dish CD, and Baby TV. I may have forgot a few. We have Dos as it had Sirius XM before Plus and HD for Life before Plus did. We really like it. I think it is great that Plus is now eligible for the HD for Life promotion.

[Note: Playboy en Espanol is included in all Dish Latino packages for no extra charge. However, if you want the channel (since it is already included in the package cost), you will have to check the box next to it on your account site, or you may have to inquire about it via Dish Chat, phone, or DIRT member (whichever route you take if you decide to change your package). I suppose it is a precaution if you have children in the family. However, there are ways to lock out the channel. Others have told me that they had difficulty getting the channel after switching without knowing about the channel.]

I think the minimum package to possibly get the Hopper for free (in terms of initial equipment charge) is Dish Latino Dos (or America's Top 200). From my understanding, locals are included in all packages if they are available in your area. In the past, customers had the option of not taking locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts