Upgrade questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Katz

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
I am contemplating upgrading to h20 and 5LNB dish. Locals are not currently offered in my area (std or hd) I use a OTA for locals.

Question 1: does anyone know if with the HD rollout that D* is doing- will locals eventually be offered to all markets? (I am DMA 148)

Question 2: I currently have my OTA diplexed with D*. Am I correct in understanding that if I upgrade, I must run a dedictated line?

Question 3: I've never had a dvr, if I consider the hr20- what are the pros/cons I should consider. I have 1 hd receiver now, and one standard.
I am not under contract. I own my 2 receivers. I have a diplexed OTA for locals.

Thanks!

Question 1: does anyone know if with the HD rollout that D* is doing- will locals eventually be offered to all markets? (I am DMA 148)
They are working towards that goal, but they are moving rather slowly at this time.
Question 2: I currently have my OTA diplexed with D*. Am I correct in understanding that if I upgrade, I must run a dedictated line?
While some have had success with special diplexing setups, D* says NO in no uncertain terms.
Question 3: I've never had a dvr, if I consider the hr20- what are the pros/cons I should consider.
DVRs are cool. If you record stuff now, you'll need a DVR to record HD content.
I am not under contract.
You'll be into a full 24 month programming commitment after upgrading.

AFTERTHOUGHT: Make sure you get a receiver with OTA tuner(s) in it. The latest models (H21, HR21) do not have OTA capability.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)