Upgrade to 612 - Excellent Service

Remilk

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
We live in Henrico County, VA, just outside Richmond. We received great service from the Dish Technician during our upgrade.

My TV died, so we purchased a 47" Philips LCD 1080i HDTV. I called and scheduled an upgrade from the SuperDish to Dish1000 and a 612 receiver. The cost of the upgrade service was $75.00. The time frame for the Technician was between 8 am and noon Saturday, May 24.

To our surprise, the Technician showed up a few minutes early. He spent some time sighting the satellites. He said he needed to relocate the pole about 6 feet to get the best view of the satellites, but he could not put in a dish for the locals because of the heavy tree cover. We were disappointed but we understood as we live in a heavily forested area and can only reach most dish satellites that can be seem straight down the street. This is NOT the Technician's fault or problem.

The Technician sank a new pole, trenched from the old pole to the new pole, added plastic conduit and spliced new cable. Next he installed and aimed the new antenna assembly.

Now onto the inside work. The first thing the did was run a check switch on my second TV. He did this to make sure that the correct switch was identified. He then check signal strength and went through every channel to make sure they worked. The Technician removed my old DVR unit. He then installed the 612 and started it up. While it went through the install routine, software update and guide update, he programmed the remote to the TV. Once the updates were completed, he called DISH and activated the 612. The Technician spent time with us going over the remote and the features of the 612.

He removed the old dish, DP34 switch and lnb. He left us the box for the 612 in case we had a problem. He did not remove the old pole, I did that later. All in all, the Technician spent about 2.25 hours on the install.

We have had the 612 for about 24 hours and it seems to be working fine.

I was extremely pleased with the install. It could not have gone much smoother.

Bob

Last edited:
Coming form someone that installed dish, the best thing you can do is get that info to his installation manager/General manager. Its awesome to get the recognition!

I Left Praise

I just go off the phone and I left praise for the the technicain that did the upgrade/install on the new dish and receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts