upgrade to 622

pabeader

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2004
OTP Georgia
I tried to search for this, but search isn't working...

I currently subscribe to the Everthing pkg. I have 2 receivers at this location. One is a 311 and the other is a 2700.

I am considering Dish 'n Up to a 622. My plan is to keep the 311, put it in place of the 2700. Use the 622 to feed my HDtv and another SD tv.

What can I expect as far and initial cost and monthly costs. Not really interested in the HD pkg, only two channels interest my wife, but if it helps I would consider it.
Also, what orbital locations will I need to 'see'. And what changes to my current channel lineup?

Thanks.

ZIP 46761 if you need it.

Last edited:
I just did Dish 'N It Up. I paid $179 up front but I will get $50 credit after my first bill and $10 credits on ten invoices ($100 credit total) You can also take the DVR Advantage and get $4.00 off per month for 10 months also. HD is $20 extra per month on top of your regular programming cost, if you go HD...if not, I think there is a $6 HD access fee added monthly. Hope this helps...

Well my wife wouldn't let me wait for help so. Rocketfoot, I'm worried about the 179 price you got. They told me 149. Did you typo or did I order the wrong thing?

The new plan/incentive is $ 149.00 with some monthly rebates which will ultimately cost you $ 0. HD is great and once you have seen it you will never want to go back to SD.

I just called Dish and the did charge me a $20 install fee that needed credited...now I should equal out to zero after all the rebates.

+1 on loving the HD!! It is fantastic!

Well, I've discovered the other down-side to living in a forest. No LOS to either 61.5 or 129. :( After all the time spent making her think it was her idea. Now I have to wait for a neighbor tree to get hit by lightning. Hopefully Dish will start moving the mainline HD stuff to 110 119 or 118.7?

So what's the story on 625 receiver? Good, bad? That's what I ended up with. Wife still wanted to have reception in the 3rd bedroom.

I must say this though, Dave, the installer went way above the call. At least I think he did, and that's what matters. Ended up having to swap out FOUR lnbs until he got one that worked good. Plus two different receivers and chased down my inhouse wiring. All because he didn't think the signal was strong enough.

CRAP!!!!

I think we F'ed up big time!!! I knew I was jumping into this too fast. I just did some digging and it look like the Hd channels that 'we' would be interedted are all on the 110 satellites.

Now what do I do!!!

Call back and fix it.

If the installer comes with the 625, do not sign anything until you have a 622 installed.

I presume it is leased, you can use Dish'N It Up in 12 months to move to the 622 if you wish.

Well, I got an email back from CEO. They said that HD on 110 isn't available. I've asked, What if I pay for the Dish HD package anyway. Would I then be able to get the channels that are on 110? I haven't got an answer yet. Any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts