Upgrade to 622

sunspot

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 21, 2004
Centreville, Alabama
I’m upgrading from a 522 to a 622 receiver. I’ve unpacked everything from the shipping box and read all the paperwork and the manual. Nowhere do I find the setup instructions. What gives with that? Is it supposed to be intuitive or what?
Does anyone know if it’s the same setup as the 522 or where I might find the instructions online?

At present, I have a Dish 500 with a DPP LNB. I will be adding a Winegard 78cm dish I had hanging around and point it the 61.5? bird and jump it to the DPP.
TIA

Well, to some extent that's why there are installers. That said, you can DIY with some advice, and you came to the right place. If you have described your whole system, adding the 61.5 dish, feeding it to the DPP LNB on the 500, then a single feed from the DPP LNB to the 622 will give you all you need (assuming you don't have local HD channels on the 129 sat.). Use the separator that came with the 622 to "split" that to the two sat. inputs. The full instructions are on-line here:

http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/622.shtml

Click on the tabs at the left for a bunch of set-up information. You should follow Chapter 12 in your User's Guide for the whole set-up process including the connections to your TV and the initialization. If you didn't get a User's Guide, there is a link to the online pages under "Receiver Information" in the link I gave you above.

IIRC, there is an addendum sheet packed with the unit that has some important steps to follow up through the activation. Follow that as well. Good luck with it...

I upgraded my 522 to a 622 a few months ago. I was originally told by DN I could do it myself. The 622 never arrived on the scheduled day. When I called DN, I was told, the first rep I spoke to gave me the wrong info and I couldn't do the swap myself. I had to schedule a service call. The tech had to change switches, and add a power inserter in addition to swapping the box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)