Upgrade to 722 Scheduled for 8/22

RichBrubaker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
I called Dish yesterday to Dish it up and upgrade to DVR Advantage. Was on hold for 20 minutes before I talked with a CSR located somewhere in the U.S.. She was pretty good but had to look up some of the details which all pretty much agreed with what I have been reading here. Told her I wanted the 722 for $49 after rebate because that's what Dish posted on my account for Dish it up. She didn't say much after my request but then told me she would need to transfer me to another CSR. I'm pretty sure she transferred me because the 772 was $99 not $49.

Second CSR was very very nice and first told that I had been a good Dish customer for 8 1/2 years and asked what could she do for me. She was a very pleasant person.

I repeated the same request exactly the same way. She then indicated the 722 was $ 99 after rebate and the 622 was $ 49. Of course I asked again, a little disappointed, if that was truly the case and she said yes. I commented that the web site must have been wrong so she then told me since I was such a good customer for such a long time she would waive the extra $50. She took me by surprise because I really didn't complain or press for the deal. I was prepared to pay $99.

my deal:

Going to store my 501 DVR and 301 instead of returning for $10 each rebate.

722 taking the place of both existing receivers - ordered my $4.00 HDMI cable from Amazon.com last night.

722 -- Install scheduled for 8/22 -- $49 after $ 100 mail in rebate
First Time Existing Dish HD user -- $ Free HD for 6 months $ 120

AT200 -- $ 49.99 per month
AT250 -- $ 10.00 per month
HD - $ 20.00 per month

Gotta say it was pretty easy and obvious that being respectful and polite didn't hurt my cause. :)

If I read the fine print right, you will have to pay a $6/mo HD enabling fee for 6 months, so your "free" $20 HD package is only worth $14, which probably equals the profit E* makes on the rest of us per month.

Found this on another site:

If you get a 622 or 722 but don't subscribe to the HD package, Dish will charge you an "HD Enabling Fee" of about $6 a month.

I repeated the same request exactly the same way. She then indicated the 722 was $ 99 after rebate and the 622 was $ 49. Of course I asked again, a little disappointed, if that was truly the case and she said yes. I commented that the web site must have been wrong so she then told me since I was such a good customer for such a long time she would waive the extra $50. She took me by surprise because I really didn't complain or press for the deal. I was prepared to pay $99.

Rich - could I ask you a favor. Could you please confirm for me your upfront charge on your CC when it shows up (mine is in the on-line history already) and that you in fact receive a 722 on Wednesday when they complete the install.

I went around in circles with the CSRs last week on the upfront price during my order - as a 10 yr DISH customer, I was told that it is $199 before the rebate and no one will be getting a 722 for less - period. Just spent 20 minutes again on the phone, referenced this discussion - and was told the same. This CSR mentioned that no one, not even their supervisors, could approve anything less. I went as far as threatened to cancel the work order and service - but he wouldn't budge, nor would the supervisor that he discussed this with. Lots of other things were said after this - but they are not worth repeating here - lets just say he was not a fan of SatelliteGuys.

Anyway - there is a disconnect here - I just want to make sure I get all the data points before I take my next step.

My install is 8/22/07 and I am getting the 722 for $149 because the web showed $149.00, so csr said they had to go with the lower price. They billed by cc $149.

BrentP - If I were you I would leave it alone. They probably noted the conversation you had and the next CSR you talk to will know that you're not a happy camper or not too easy to deal with so it won't make sense for them to change your order. In fairness, I wouldn't expect Dish to cut a new deal for me just because someone else maybe did a little better. It's time to move on.

Wow Rich - didn't expect that, . . . especially from someone that doesn't know me or know how I conduct myself during business discussion.

Thanks MRPLOW - I appreciate it that you answered my question. Please let me know how the install goes.

I don't know what you heard that you didn't expect.

I believe in your post you said that you were the one threatening to cancel the deal so I assumed you were upset.

I apologize if you took my last post the wrong way. My original post was pretty specific.

Wow Rich - didn't expect that, . . . especially from someone that doesn't know me or know how I conduct myself during business discussion.

Thanks MRPLOW - I appreciate it that you answered my question. Please let me know how the install goes.
It never hurts to try/ask again. The worst they can say is no.

The $6 enabling fee is charged if you obtain an HD receiver and do not subscribe to the HD programming package that is currently $20 per month. You do not pay the $6 if you subscribe to the hd programming unless you have multiple hd receivers then you pay $6 per additional hd receiver instead of $5 for a standard receiver. I can actually get hdmi cables at a great price from one of my wholesalers and they are nice quality with gold ends so if anyone needs a 6ft 10ft 15ft 20ft or 30ft HDMI cable just message me and I will get you my best price shipped to your address.

Thanks Rich,
I bought 1 hdmi cable Monday locally for back up in case I didn't get my online order intime for install for $39.99. I then bought 2 hdmi cables (2412 gold plated w/ferrite cores) online Monday before 11:00 AM PST from monoprice for $4.37 ea. with 2nd day air $10.40 and got them on Tuesday 1 day early, 2 days before my install. Wow!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)