Upgrade to a H3 without 2 year commitment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
When you have 16 tuners there is very little reason to need that red recording light.
Seriously, I have no need for 16 tuners. The 3 tuners in the HWS were sufficient for me, but the problem is one of performance which is my only reason for upgrading. I've had the HWS since it was first introduced probably about 10 years ago and never had a problem due to lack of tuners.
I just liked seeing the red light that told me something was being recorded. Multiple red lights aren't necessary or desirable.

But I'm going to really really miss that red recording light. Why they didn't include it on the H3 totally escapes me, and I'll bet no one has a reasonable explanation for this omission. It couldn't have been a cost issue.
So, with the H3 there is no way to tell (at a glance) that something is being recorded? While I realize with 16 tuners that there is no worry about being "blocked" from viewing channels, it seems like a "recording in process" light is sort of nice. I'll adapt just fine but my wife, she hates change much, much more than I do -- I'm sure that the whining will begin with that! :rollingeyes

From what I’m reading here, they’d have to pay ME $100 to take one.

Maybe that will change in the coming months.

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
Sorry. I was referring to the H+.

I have an H3. And I miss the red led, verifying that the expected recording did in fact begin.

However, we are watching Dish less and less. Certain programs, such as Dr Jeff have gone elsewhere or just aren’t made anymore. Might drop to 200

So, with the H3 there is no way to tell (at a glance) that something is being recorded? While I realize with 16 tuners that there is no worry about being "blocked" from viewing channels, it seems like a "recording in process" light is sort of nice. I'll adapt just fine but my wife, she hates change much, much more than I do -- I'm sure that the whining will begin with that! :rollingeyes
OK, I told my wife that the Hopper 3 does NOT have a red LED light that shows a recording is in progress. The whining did start. Then she asked me, "It does have a light showing that it's turned on, doesn't it?" I said, "I assume so."

Does it?