Upgrade to HD-Equipment Question

tecboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2007
Cincinnati
I currently have Dish 500 with one 625 and three 301's(all leased). I was thinking about upgrading to HD. My HD locals are only on 77 and from my understanding only supports VIP series of receivers. I am trying to prepare myself with what to expect when I call Dish customer service to see what they will upgrade my equipment to. Am i correct to assume that their only upgrade scenario would be to upgrade me to Eastern Arc and replace all my receivers with the VIP line?

No, they could give you a 1000.2 for your non mpeg4 receivers and a wing dish for 77W for your HD locals, or put up a 1000.4 just for the HD receivers and leave what you currently have for your SD receivers. Otherwise you'll have to upgrade the other receivers. Be prepared to have to explain what you want when you call and why. The CSRs for the most part are clueless about these things. E* may also make you a deal and help you upgrade to all mpeg4 receivers for the eastern arc which the Cincy market is on. They have for others.

I am not going to allow them to install 2 Dishes on my house. I highly doubt i have line of site to 129 for the 1000.2. I am actually surprised that i get 110 and 119 with the trees that are in the way but with 129 being lower in the horizon and more trees at 129...i do not mind upgrading all my receivers...just trying to determine how hard i have to convice Dish to do 1000.4 and all MPEG4 receivers for an upgrade vs piecing together a multidish mpeg2/mpeg4 solution.

I am not going to allow them to install 2 Dishes on my house. I highly doubt i have line of site to 129 for the 1000.2. I am actually surprised that i get 110 and 119 with the trees that are in the way but with 129 being lower in the horizon and more trees at 129...i do not mind upgrading all my receivers...just trying to determine how hard i have to convice Dish to do 1000.4 and all MPEG4 receivers for an upgrade vs piecing together a multidish mpeg2/mpeg4 solution.

Dish is going to have all receivers as mpeg4 at some point, you should see if Dish will set you up with the 1000.4 dish and all HD receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)