Upgrade to Hopper with Sling

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nightowl66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 21, 2010
N.W. Ohio
I have a VIP722K in the house and a VIP612 in the shop. The 2 receivers are approx. 150' apart. With the shop receiver being in a metal outbuilding. I was thinking of upgrading the 722 in the house to Hopper with sling. I have internet out in the shop. Would I be able to use sling to watch tv out there? Would a joey reach that far? Same with another tv in the house I don't watch that much, could I just use sling to save the cost of a joey?

I have a VIP722K in the house and a VIP612 in the shop. The 2 receivers are approx. 150' apart. With the shop receiver being in a metal outbuilding. I was thinking of upgrading the 722 in the house to Hopper with sling. I have internet out in the shop. Would I be able to use sling to watch tv out there? Would a joey reach that far? Same with another tv in the house I don't watch that much, could I just use sling to save the cost of a joey?
The Joey will reach that far, as long as it's wired

Reactions: charlesrshell
So what would be the benefit of having joeys if I could just use the sling app? As far as having a wired Joey to the shop, I already have the 612 and a separate dish just for the shop, so running wire to the shop wouldn’t do me any good. If I upgrade to the hopper with sling, my payment stays the same, I just get sling. If I get rid of the 612and use sling, I save a few bucks.

So what would be the benefit of having joeys if I could just use the sling app? As far as having a wired Joey to the shop, I already have the 612 and a separate dish just for the shop, so running wire to the shop wouldn’t do me any good. If I upgrade to the hopper with sling, my payment stays the same, I just get sling. If I get rid of the 612and use sling, I save a few bucks.
Well for one, you can only use the app on one TV at a time. 2, the app is buggy often. And 3, why get the Hopper w/Sling when you can get the Hopper 3, wich is the same monthly price? Also, it's not the "Sling" App, it's Dish Anywhere

Just to be clear, you will not be able to keep your 612 active on the same account with a Hopper so it either a wire from the main house to the shop or Dish Anywhere on a FireStick.

Well for one, you can only use the app on one TV at a time. 2, the app is buggy often. And 3, why get the Hopper w/Sling when you can get the Hopper 3, wich is the same monthly price? Also, it's not the "Sling" App, it's Dish Anywhere
On your number 3 comment I get a Loyal customer discount of $5.00. But if I could get away with it I'd prefer the Hopper 3.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts